Goldwing…….nearly

The 21 model bagger doesn’t get the bigger grab handles it’s just the Tour model that does.

Not needed anyway don’t need to hold on with a backrest or top box fitted

The problem on the tour model is the elbow rests get in the way so you can’t hold onto the grab handles anyway :blast

Wifey didn’t like it on the brakes

Better than your RKS mate. :green gri:D. (How is your good ladies back now? Getting better I hope?)

No, the suspension is excellent. I have no idea what preload the rear is on, but I'll check it out tomorrow. The front is just amazing....so surefooted. Come down and have a go, the DCT took me a hour or so to get used to, my hand kept going for the clutch and my foot for the gear lever.:blast Got used to it now.

Recovery slowly pal. Not sure if she will get on it again. She likes the K1600B so sure she would like the Honda.

Recovery slowly pal. Not sure if she will get on it again. She likes the K1600B so sure she would like the Honda.

Those Wilbers shocks should make a huge difference though I would have thought? I expect she'll be persuaded when the back is better and it's only a painful memory.:thumb

Givi V47

Pics with givi v47

Attachments

• 4D777380-0FD1-4357-9F9A-F2C7E3615A77.jpg
    4D777380-0FD1-4357-9F9A-F2C7E3615A77.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 378
  • 0A9B46C7-EC77-47E8-833C-7BE66F082002.jpg
    0A9B46C7-EC77-47E8-833C-7BE66F082002.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 395
My 2020 wing has the "old" grab handles and I don't know what all the fuss is about. OK for my pudgy little fingers.

a) When I want to put on centre stand , I need to take a glove off to get a hand in.
b) Going camping in a few weeks - want to strap a bag on rear seat - easier to loop bungies through a handle.
Neither of these are worth making a big fuss over , but why not make it better ?
Can't comment on pillion use, as mine don't use them either way .

a) When I want to put on centre stand , I need to take a glove off to get a hand in.
b) Going camping in a few weeks - want to strap a bag on rear seat - easier to loop bungies through a handle.
Neither of these are worth making a big fuss over , but why not make it better ?
Can't comment on pillion use, as mine don't use them either way .

I notice on mine (2020) that the grab handles have slots in them now near the base so you can attach bungees. I had the taller ones delivered yesterday from "Wingstuff" in the U.S.:thumb2

Smaller screen i find perfect no need to change and i normally change on previous bikes

I notice on mine (2020) that the grab handles have slots in them now near the base so you can attach bungees. I had the taller ones delivered yesterday from "Wingstuff" in the U.S.:thumb2

As a matter of interest what was you final landed price ? (and what if any of that was "duty" ?). I have some on route .... but have no idea what the final cost will be (UK dealer price is just plain crazy !)

As a matter of interest what was you final landed price ? (and what if any of that was "duty" ?). I have some on route .... but have no idea what the final cost will be (UK dealer price is just plain crazy !)

Final landed price was $339.80, (£240), $170.60 (£120.50) of which was shipping, tax and duty. The cheapest I could find in the UK was about £350 (ish, memory is hazy)
They are genuine Honda parts.:thumb2

Final landed price was $339.80, (£240), $170.60 (£120.50) of which was shipping, tax and duty. The cheapest I could find in the UK was about £350 (ish, memory is hazy)
They are genuine Honda parts.:thumb2

Thanks - That sounds really really cheap ($169.20 a pair !!) ... even in USA I could not find anything to touch that price !! (Yes Hgb Honda or something like that have them at £349 or best offer currently)

Thanks - That sounds really really cheap ($169.20 a pair !!) ... even in USA I could not find anything to touch that price !! (Yes Hgb Honda or something like that have them at £349 or best offer currently)

I had to wait a few days prior to shipping because they didn't have them in stock (waiting on Honda:rolleyes:), so they knocked off $20 :).

If you haven't see it before, their web site is an Aladdin's cave of all things Goldwing, and they are competitive.:thumb

www.wingstuff.com

I had to wait a few days prior to shipping because they didn't have them in stock (waiting on Honda:rolleyes:), so they knocked off $20 :).

If you haven't see it before, their web site is an Aladdin's cave of all things Goldwing, and they are competitive.:thumb

www.wingstuff.com

Had a look ! ............. grab rails are $239.99 a pair , even with $20 off I still can't get to your $169.20 ................. ah well , I'll quietly give up now (as it's to late for me anyways)

Had a look ! ............. grab rails are $239.99 a pair , even with $20 off I still can't get to your $169.20 ................. ah well , I'll quietly give up now (as it's to late for me anyways)

My arithmetic is worse than I thought....total shipping, tax and duty came to $119.81, not $170.60 as I said before :blast (fat fingers on the calculator!)

When you convert the total to GBP, it's still £100 cheaper than buying them from HGB!:thumb

Attachments

• grab handle invoice.jpg
    grab handle invoice.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 527
Sadly the Goldwing has to go

Love affair is over... sadly the Goldwing has to go....The luggage capaictity (or lack off) was a deciding issue...
Goldwing has been replace with the big K1600GLE with all the bell, whistles and Option 719 paintwork....
Honda now banished from the stable and there are now only 2 Beemers residing...:thumby:

Attachments

• DSCF0993 (Large).jpg
    DSCF0993 (Large).jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 476
  • DSCF1019 (Large).jpg
    DSCF1019 (Large).jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 508
  • DSCF1008 (Large).jpg
    DSCF1008 (Large).jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 466
  • DSCF1011 (Large).jpg
    DSCF1011 (Large).jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 481
  • DSCF1016 (Large).jpg
    DSCF1016 (Large).jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 459
Went to move the bikes around this morning to make room for the imminent arrival of the Road King Special of excellence only to discover this on the mighty 'Wing....... F@ckity f*ck f*ck !!:blast :mad:

Attachments

• Flat!.jpg
    Flat!.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 365
Went to move the bikes around this morning to make room for the imminent arrival of the Road King Special of excellence only to discover this on the mighty 'Wing....... F@ckity f*ck f*ck !!:blast :mad:

Take a deep breath and think of the positives...... it looks like it’s perfectly placed for a stop n go repair mushroom.

Take a deep breath and think of the positives...... it looks like it’s perfectly placed for a stop n go repair mushroom.

Agree.....I'll tackle it in the morning, it's supposed to be warmer then. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom