Lost voice prompts since map uppgrade on 660

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I did the latest map upgrade on my 660 a couple of weeks ago, the one where we all had to format the SD card and upload using MapInstall and it took hours.

Used it today for the first time and there are no voice prompts.

1. I went into System/About/Software Versions and it says Voice Missing.
2. Went into Settings/Language and is shows Voice - None Found (on a blue button bar) I pressed the button bar but no options are presented, all I get is a beep,
3. Checked the Garmin online help which says connect to Garmin Express, go to Tools & Content then select Language Options - I go into T&C and there is no Tab for Language Options, I only have Info, Utilities, Purchased and Privacy.

I have sent a message to the help desk via the online email facility which says that it take 3-5 working days to respond so I am hoping that someone else has had this problem and knows how to resolve it.

Thanks in anticipation.

PS. The fact that this has happened since the map upgrade could of course be a coincidence and not related at all.

I used to have this on my 550.
In that case it was resolved by using a different English voice such as American English, I never resolved back to English English IYKWIM

I used to have this on my 550.
In that case it was resolved by using a different English voice such as American English, I never resolved back to English English IYKWIM

I have tried the Language settings and they are set to American English but pressing the button bar does not show any other options. :blast

Anybody else out there with any suggestions?

Anybody else out there with any suggestions?

Any help?

Touch the Speaker icon below the Wrench icon.
At the bottom of the screen, touch Audio Output.
Make sure that the Internal Speaker is selected and touch OK (660, 670, 680, and 5000 models only).
Make sure that the MUTE box does not have a check mark in it. If it does, touch the box to clear the selection.
Make sure the volume level is at a reasonable percent level.

Any help?

Touch the Speaker icon below the Wrench icon.
At the bottom of the screen, touch Audio Output.
Make sure that the Internal Speaker is selected and touch OK (660, 670, 680, and 5000 models only).
Make sure that the MUTE box does not have a check mark in it. If it does, touch the box to clear the selection.
Make sure the volume level is at a reasonable percent level.

On my screen the speaker icon is to the left of the Tools icon; when I select it there is no Audio Output option just a volume percentage bar and a Mute box which is unchecked. When I go to Mixer all volumes for Master, Navigation and Media are all at 100%. The speakers are working ok as I hear the beeps when I select options and the MP3 player is audible also.

Sorted! Just in case anybody else has this issue I thought I'd post the solution.

I went into Garmin Express/Tools and Utilities and hit the Utilities tab, scroll down to Optional Updates and click the Language drop down menu, select English and install. When complete I was able to go into Settings/Language and hit the Voice button and it now listed the options so I selected British English - Emily as she has a lovely voice!

Back
Top Bottom