Rear Shocks

Spoke to John at Revs Suspension. Saying the Wilbers LDC Nivomat shock absorber set is the way to go. The same as Toddmeister has and which he advised on getting.

I bought my first trials bike off John........40 years ago.....:eek:

Nice bloke. Was on the phone ages talking to him about shite suspension.

Spoke to John at Revs Suspension. Saying the Wilbers LDC Nivomat shock absorber set is the way to go. The same as Toddmeister has and which he advised on getting.

£1k?...

Looks like that setup includes the fork springs as well....so it’s a complete refresh..

Yes and I'm not sure if I want to do the front aswell. You can't buy that shock on its own just with the kit.

Yes and I'm not sure if I want to do the front aswell. You can't buy that shock on its own just with the kit.

Bit late to the party on this one as was out doing some excellent trail riding in South Devon over the weekend on my FE350. Nick and Jon did all the suspension work on that bike too, and a most excellent job they made of it.

My experience with the Wilbers Nivomat was that it completely transformed the feel of the rear end and the comfort of the RKS. It’s never going to be a magic carpet, but it does enough to make the ride more comfortable as it dampens the big hits out more effectively and just feels a lot nicer. It also has the added advantage of automatically adjusting the pre-load for the weight you put on it, so you never need to bother touching your Knob ever again (by that I mean your pre-load knob you dirty minded b’stards :nono)

The downside is it also exposes just how crap the set-up is on the front end, so I will definitely be getting new springs and oil fitted when I can be arsed to take the forks out and run them up the Black Country.

I can also confirm what Doris said in that a receipt can be produced for whatever amount you think you can get away with showing SWMBO! :thumb2

Note that I miscalculated this most important final part by a factor of 2 - and consequently have paid dearly for my mistake! :tears

Present has arrived.

Attachments

• 20210817_124131.jpg
    20210817_124131.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 323
First time out on the bike with the new shocks. A massive difference from the off.
On a different not do you lads fit different valves for doing the tyre pressures. Like those offset ones. Harley shop didn't have anything in.

Back
Top Bottom