Rear Shocks

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well after this morning i need to sort my rear shocks out asap.
Toddmeister has recommended Wilbers but i have also heard good things about Ohlins but cannot remember which ones.
Any other suggestions please.

Cheers Doc

Hagon, made to measure and a fraction of the cost.

Shock factory, also a fraction of the cost and a good quality product. Not sure if they do Harley or not but worth enquiring.
https://shock-factory.fr/fr/
They are in France but run by an English gent.

Buy a proper Road King. :thumb:D

Thing is Si if the bike would have had some decent shocks on I might not have been helping Jayne to the toilet last night.

I will have a look at Hagon and the shock factory.
Thanks

I’ve got a 2020 street glide and the shocks on that are almost unmovable, there’s no sag at all and maybe only a quarter of an inch when I’m on it .
I’ve set it with the correct load (about 120 kegs) according to harleys handbook,so there’s only about half inch of travel at best ! They really are shite , and because the bike cost over 20k I’m going to have to save up to get replacements , ohlins must be the best ? But Hagon would be better …..( cheaper !)

I’ve got a 2020 street glide and the shocks on that are almost unmovable, there’s no sag at all and maybe only a quarter of an inch when I’m on it .
I’ve set it with the correct load (about 120 kegs) according to harleys handbook,so there’s only about half inch of travel at best ! They really are shite , and because the bike cost over 20k I’m going to have to save up to get replacements , ohlins must be the best ? But Hagon would be better …..( cheaper !)

I am phoning a shop tomorrow to enquire about Ohlins.

Listen to Toddy.... the Wilbers team will sort you out properly.... buy once... buy right.

You are right and i am ringing them tomorrow. Think they want to know how much our lass weighs.:D

Well - you certainly have some choice..

Thanks for all the suggestions.
I am going with what Toddmeister has fitted Wilbers.
And what Doris says. I spend enough on shite I don't need so will spend some on a quality product and something I definitely need.

One more thing? Shock length.... the standard RK length being better than the “shortened “RKS* length of possible as the more travel the shock can have the easier it is to get things working right..

* the only knowledge I have of the RKS is second hand.

One more thing? Shock length.... the standard RK length being better than the “shortened “RKS* length of possible as the more travel the shock can have the easier it is to get things working right..

* the only knowledge I have of the RKS is second hand.

Think its 13inch I require.

Think its 13inch I require.

But I read somewhere that sticking good 13” shocks on the back accentuates the inadequacies of the front end .
One of the reasons I decided to leave mine standard .
Out of interest, what setting did you have the rear wound up to when the incident occurred ?
It needs to be at least 20+ with the two of you and a bit of luggage .

But I read somewhere that sticking good 13” shocks on the back accentuates the inadequacies of the front end .
One of the reasons I decided to leave mine standard .
Out of interest, what setting did you have the rear wound up to when the incident occurred ?
It needs to be at least 20+ with the two of you and a bit of luggage .

Use those settings you gave me pal. Must admit I have tried loads of settings whilst we have been out.
Fair few people just do the rear shocks so I'll see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom