Corner "swooping"? (Giles to the Batphone please.)

Thanks Gents. :thumb2 (And esp to Giles for the detailed explanations.) As always, interesting, thoughtful and humorous contributions.

I have a good chum who will not straight line a series of bends. He says he likes bends. I like bends, but I also like being a missile through a set of bends.

What's the point of straight lining bends. leaning the bike is where the fun is, fast or slow - stuff the advanced riding religion, just have fun BUT do it safely, obvs.

I'm in flitters reading this....

I brought a couple of mates the guts of a hundred kms so I could "swoop" around a nice big turnpike exit off the M11 down near Gorey.
The lad's went fuckin mad when I told them why we where in a motorway services.

Swoopedydoop!

S20 5G sent this......

Sheesh, grasshopper Will has much to learn……

I'm out again today. Not every bend in the road lends itself to squaring off but practise makes perfect.

After over a year of not riding the bike and with less that 1500 miles the year before I have my sights set on getting the skills right. I'm finding my self riding much slower than before. Revisiting my mental notes and analysing my riding afterwards. Starting fresh and empty cup like.

Good! If threads like this get people thinking that’s a good thing! I’m on a track day, coaching ..!
655cc2cc3fac91fa5b28907c23082cc2.jpg

A couple of swoopers on GS's overtook me this morning on the A428 between St.Neots and Eltisley - I moved over to let them through - they were nose to tail, inches from the cars in front, swooping out to overtake and diving back in again - often they were the meat in the sandwich with oncoming vehicles - they were having fun but it was dangerous. Going by the number plate of one of them his name is Andy.

Ta muchy.

Bet you Giles didn't get out of 2nd gear, maybe 3rd :D

Back
Top Bottom