New R1200GS Owner in Midlands

Av0nd4l323

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm Owen and have very recently just taken delivery of my 2015 R1200GS TE Exclusive in Black. I took my test around 3 years ago now and have only just got around to getting my bike! Life (and some pandemic) has gotten in the way a little!

I've been riding motorbikes since I was around 7 or before, started on a little 50cc scrambler and went up from there. Regressed to a 50cc (derestricted!) moped for road riding and did the CBT on my 16th Birthday. Got a car shortly after passing my driving test at 17 and headed off to Uni a few years later. Unfortunately couldn't keep both car and bike, and for practicality, the bike had to go.

My dad had both a R1200GS and a F800GS and I've always just wanted a GS. Decided just to go straight for the one I want!

Am now tinkering a little, particularly with getting the GPS mount back on it (as was only thing missing from previous owner) and rekeying a lock to match mine so GPS is locked in place.

Will likely be posting some daft questions in the future but also reading some of the great stuff already here.

Thanks for having me.

Owen.

Hi, welcome.

Not by any chance a trucker are you?

I only ask because I was talking to such a gent a short while back on a forecourt, he was soon to be collecting a GS and I recommended this site to him.

Cheers
Rich

Hi, welcome.

Not by any chance a trucker are you?

I only ask because I was talking to such a gent a short while back on a forecourt, he was soon to be collecting a GS and I recommended this site to him.

Cheers
Rich

Nope, not me :) Found this on good ol' Google!

Welcome
Great site - lots of tossers
I’m just down the road in sunny Swad
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Owen! I hope you have a fantastic summer with the bike! :thumb

Back
Top Bottom