Pacific North West USA 2022

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
After a couple of years of not being able to escape these shores, I'm confident that the summer of 2022 should see us out of this horror show and back to to some seriously good riding.

I'll be running 2 trips to the States and this is the second one and will run after the Coast to Coast. They can be linked together if you want to do both of them and if you did, you'd tick about 90% of the must see place and must ride roads in the USA.

You will note that we won't be going into Canada as no one really knows what the situation on the border will be next year.

This is a 3 week all tarmac trip which starts in Santa Rosa on Sunday 23rd July 2022 and gets back into Santa Rosa California on Friday 12th August 2022

Your bikes will be shipped in and out of Santa Rosa and there are easy transport links to SFO Airport.

I've been to all these places on other trips but changed things round to link them together and it really will be a great trip, full of fantastic riding and stunning scenery. The highlights include:

• Lassen Volcanic Park
  • The Loneliest Road in America (Hwy 50)
  • Bonneville Salt Flats
  • Moab including Canyonlands and Arches National Park
  • Wind River Canyon
  • Little Bighorn
  • Beartooth Pass (11,000ft pass)
  • Yellowstone National Park
  • Glacier National Park
  • Lolo Pass and Hwy 12
  • Mt St Helens
  • Crater Lake
  • Avenue of the Giants (Giant Redwood trees)
  • Pacific Coast Highway (Hwy 1)

These highlights don't include all the great roads we ride, the small towns we visit and of course the Milk Shake places I know along the way and there are plenty. The aim of these trips is to show you the real USA with it's unbelievable scenery and very friendly people. Also, if you think the USA is full of straight roads you are in for a shock.

This route is done on the smaller back roads and there are no freeway miles. We ride close to, but don't go into cities as we don't have the time and they aren't good places on a bike in my experience.

The total mileage for this is @ 5000 miles and is suitable for pillions.

The way my trips work is I arrange all the shipping there and back, do the route, guide the trip and also advise you on everything you need such as insurance, EPA, ESTA best flights , what and what not to take etc so basically you just fly in, collect the bike and away we go.

Just to answer a few of the normal questions:

No, we don't ride on Route 66.
Yes, a pillion can come.
The group will be a maximin of 12 bikes
No, we don't have a support van.
Any bike will do as long as it's comfortable for you. We've had everything from Transalps to Gold Wings.
You will need your bike to be fully serviced and new tyres and brake pads and yes, a set of tyres will last the trip no problem.
No, you won't get shot by a redneck.
No, you don't need to be a hard arsed ADV rider to do this trip as we take our time and the roads are quiet.
Yes, you will have time to take some of the fantastic scenery in.
No, we don't stop at McDonalds but try to use small family run places.
Yes, the locals are very friendly and helpful
No, it's best not to talk religion and politics

The places on this trip are fairly limited so if you are interested and want to know more details such as cost etc, send me a PM with your email and I'll send you out full details.

Attachments

• Beartooth2.jpg
    Beartooth2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 621
  • Crater.jpg
    Crater.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 613
  • Yellowstone lake1.JPG
    Yellowstone lake1.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 626
  • Beartooth.JPG
    Beartooth.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 600
  • Giant Redwoods.jpg
    Giant Redwoods.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 610
That's a great list Sgt.

I haven't done the first three but I've ridden all the others and it's going to be a brilliant trip.

Lolo Pass (US 12) is just heaven on a bike; I'm getting all emotional just remembering it all!

Enjoy.

p.s. If I can remember it all I should do a Ride Report from my Canada / USA 2004 tour; I think I'll wait until I retire and have more spare time.

Hopefully, everyone should have had an email with details.

I will be away for a few days from today so if anyone wants details, send me a PM with your email and I'll get the details across when I get back.

Did I miss the details of the coast to coast trip ?

All

I'm afraid I am going to have to postpone this trip.

Due to the pandemic, outbound air and sea freight rates to the US have gone stratospheric and after long conversations with my shippers, they cannot guarantee that rates will drop to something approaching normal by next summer. In fact they are certain that rates will be high for another 12 months or so whilst the world gets back to some sort of normality.

Knowing all that, it really isn't viable for me to plan a trip knowing we may not be able to do it due to huge shipping costs. The cost per bike would be completely out of reach and unaffordable for a 3 week trip.

I have contacted everyone who has wants to come on this trip and apologies if I've missed you.

In an odd turn of events, air freight rates to Anchorage have stayed almost static so I'll be putting together 2 trips up the Alaska as an option and please see the Alaska thread for details.

Once again, many apologies for this.

Back
Top Bottom