Bar risers, tight hoses

BigKev67

Reaction score
So after fitting these 40mm up and back risers I have decided the clutch hose is too tight at full lock. I know you can drop the fork leg and re route the hose but I dont feel inclined to do that.
Its not good that this product is being sold for £95 without mention of the tight clutch hose .
So looking at the Nippy Normans alternatives there is the 40mm and 25mm straight risers. I am inclined to go for the 40mm and since there is no rearward shift the hose should not be as tight ?

https://www.nippynormans.com/r1200g...lc-2017-on-r1200adventure-lc-r1250gsadventure

Just lift bars a little and put reservoirs flat again, 5 minute job.

Is it really tight? You should be able to gain some slack by tweaking the cable ties and various clips used to hold the hose so that it follows the shortest route around any given curve.
A slight movement of the clamp holding the clutch lever assembly will also help.

I have tried tilting the bars forward but didnt help, hose was still tight.

If you do this like manual, should not be tight.

riser.png
[/url][/IMG]

So after fitting these 40mm up and back risers I have decided the clutch hose is too tight at full lock. I know you can drop the fork leg and re route the hose but I dont feel inclined to do that.
Its not good that this product is being sold for £95 without mention of the tight clutch hose .
So looking at the Nippy Normans alternatives there is the 40mm and 25mm straight risers. I am inclined to go for the 40mm and since there is no rearward shift the hose should not be as tight ?

https://www.nippynormans.com/r1200g...lc-2017-on-r1200adventure-lc-r1250gsadventure

I dropped the fork leg and moved the hose, no problems.

I have tried tilting the bars forward but didnt help, hose was still tight.

Mine (1250GS) was the same, plus the risers caused interference between the bar and tank bag - took the risers off.
I might have a look at the SW-Motech ones which, they claim, cause no such problems as the aren't quite as high and back as the Wunderlich ones.

I have the 40mm straight up Touratech risers. No issues with the cables....good luck.

Summary:
2021 1250GSA TE
Tried the Wunderlich 40mm up and back risers. Clutch hose tight at full lock. Tried tilting bars forward, didnt help.
Fitted the 40mm Touratech straight risers. Bars now sit higher but not as far back. Clutch hose exactly the same, tight !!
Looked closely at the levers and noticed the clutch lever had been assembled at the factory pushed up against the grip housing ie sitting too close to bar end compered to throttle side.
Moved the clutch lever along the bar 5mm (enough flex in the handguard) and now I dont have a tight clutch cable at full lock.
Off for a test ride now and if the straight risers are OK I will sell the up and back risers, which ironically will also be OK now I expect.

I've got the same risers and I did that, and no problem with mine either.

As the OP has said the problem is with the left side, not the right and in the instructions there's no mention of moving the clutch cable and electic wiring loom to gain the required slack. I too have the same issue:blast

There is a cable tie fitting that fixes to the frame between the headstock and airbox that secures the clutch cable and wiring loom in place but no mention of cutting that in the instructions to gain more slack so I don't know if cutting the cable tie here will solve the problem without possibly ruining the fitting itself.

Summary:
2021 1250GSA TE
Tried the Wunderlich 40mm up and back risers. Clutch hose tight at full lock. Tried tilting bars forward, didnt help.
Fitted the 40mm Touratech straight risers. Bars now sit higher but not as far back. Clutch hose exactly the same, tight !!
Looked closely at the levers and noticed the clutch lever had been assembled at the factory pushed up against the grip housing ie sitting too close to bar end compered to throttle side.
Moved the clutch lever along the bar 5mm (enough flex in the handguard) and now I dont have a tight clutch cable at full lock.
Off for a test ride now and if the straight risers are OK I will sell the up and back risers, which ironically will also be OK now I expect.

Thanks, this is exacy the sort of reply I was hoping for. Please let us know if it works

Thanks, this is exacy the sort of reply I was hoping for. Please let us know if it works

After test ride my hands now rest on the bars without taking any weight. Without the 40mm risers I had weight on my wrists. Up to now I have had the high Rallye seat fitted. Next I will try the two piece seat to see how that feels.

After test ride my hands now rest on the bars without taking any weight. Without the 40mm risers I had weight on my wrists. Up to now I have had the high Rallye seat fitted. Next I will try the two piece seat to see how that feels.

Now you move 5mm forget barkbusters, fit will be to tight, for small bracket

Back
Top Bottom