Software for routes

Barnoe

Moto Vlogger
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What are you guys using to create routes?

I used Basecamp for a while, but its tedious if I'm honest.
I had Tyre with an old Tomtom rider 5 which i dont have now.... is that even still going, it wasnt that great either as i remember.

I did the My-Route App trial, and i did like it, and although its not expensive i cant stop feeling there must be a free option out there.
Is there something like it? or do i have to man up and just pay the damn £79 a year fee lol

Google is ok to a degree but it falls down when you want to send it to the Nav6.
ive tried without success, converting to GPX files etc.

I don't have an iPad :/

I don't use tablets i use a desktop PC... or Phone (S21 Ultra)

Look at the myriad of the posts on the subject. Me, I use BaseCamp, others don’t, can’t or won’t. There is a whole sub-sections on the delights or otherwise. Anything from MyRoute, to Google, to Kurviger, right thro’ to ‘my mate says…..’

It's pretty simple to knock up a route on my Garmin Zumo 390 if viewing it on Google maps - I do this all of the time when on holiday where I decide on a whim to go somewhere for a day trip. It might be a change of plan due to weather, seeing something online or a leaflet in a hotel or even having a conversation with another person. You can zoom in on both devices to make sure you get exit roads on junctions and you get fewer compatibility fúck ups during conversion from one dataset to another.

I use google maps and then convert to GPX for use in my Garmin. Find it very quick to use.

https://mapstogpx.com

Only thing is it doesn't like a loop so i place my finish just down the road from the start and away you go.

MyRouteApp for me. But I managed to get a Gold lifetime subscription a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom