GS v GSA rear shock length

M30SJM

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a 2015 GS TB with std height suspension. Now i'm a lanky bugger at 6'3, and i do like a tall bike, much prefer to only get the balls of my feet on the floor at standstill, rather than a flat foot on the ground. I can get this with the ESA but i means i have to be set in rider and pillion all the time, which is a bit on the hard side when i'm riding solo.
My question is this. Am i right in thinking a GSA rear shock is a little longer than a GS shock, and if so by how much?
This might well mean i can ride in either rider, or rider and luggage and still have that tall bike feeling.
Ta in advance
Stu

Hi Guys,
I have a 2015 GS TB with std height suspension. Now i'm a lanky bugger at 6'3, and i do like a tall bike, much prefer to only get the balls of my feet on the floor at standstill, rather than a flat foot on the ground. I can get this with the ESA but i means i have to be set in rider and pillion all the time, which is a bit on the hard side when i'm riding solo.
My question is this. Am i right in thinking a GSA rear shock is a little longer than a GS shock, and if so by how much?
This might well mean i can ride in either rider, or rider and luggage and still have that tall bike feeling.
Ta in advance
Stu

2cms travel roughly.

You should change the front as well to maintain nice neutral handling. You then need to change the side and centre stands.
Ref shocks talk to DenzO for advice.

Back
Top Bottom