Tiger 900

SIM

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Loaned a new tiger today as Scrambler was in for a service, nice enough engine, gearbox and TFT very clear, the bike seems really well balanced and confidence inspiring chucking it in corners.

The triple engine is too high pitched for my liking and would get on my nerves on a long days ride or holiday.

I know my Scrambler is hot at the cat, but I felt like my knees were burning from the heat coming out the radiator fins. The shape of the tank did not fit my 6’3” frame and my knees where digging into the change of plastics on tank.

For me I would also need to alter the screen as I got a lot of turbulence on my lid.

The bike rides really well on tarmac (did not try off road)

Not totally sure why it is so highly rated. The scram is certainly not perfect but was glad to get it back

On the positive side, that's half the premium loading Triumph made on the Bond scrambler, which was over 6k. Think that bike probably has more investment potential however.

A £3000 premium to ride around on a bike with a naff paint job ???

At least it doesn't have yellow handlebars, handguards and screen.

And you get a Arrow can...

I liove the bond films and cannot wait for it to come out next week, but would feel a total kn@b riding round as an adult on a James Bond bike. I appreciate I may be missing the point ie it being collectible but grown men with 007 sticker at a 3k premium, nah not for me

My best mate recently sold his, he bought it new and only had it a few months.....it just wasn't right for him.

He bought a KTM 1290, and so far it's much better suited

I love the bond films and cannot wait for it to come out next week, but would feel a total kn@b riding round as an adult on a James Bond bike. I appreciate I may be missing the point ie it being collectible but grown men with 007 sticker at a 3k premium, nah not for me

My best mate recently sold his, he bought it new and only had it a few months.....it just wasn't right for him.

He bought a KTM 1290, and so far it's much better suited

The problem I find with the adv 900s, having ridden the tiger and the xr, is that whilst they are so much more manageable than their big brothers they simply lack the comfort, felt quality and poke. An obs. statement I know, but if you only had one bike they would become very limiting.

Could become bonded to one as a second (well, third) bike though.

The problem I find with the adv 900s, having ridden the tiger and the xr, is that whilst they are so much more manageable than their big brothers they simply lack the comfort, felt quality and poke. An obs. statement I know, but if you only had one bike they would become very limiting.

Could become bonded to one as a second (well, third) bike though.

But the new Tiger 1200 could be very good.
Plenty of poke, much lighter than the old bike and shaft drive too.

I just bought a Tiger 800, last of the 800s as a 2019 bike. I test rode Tigers twice before and bought, first time a GS twin cam, and second time a Yamaha Tracer 900. Wanted a Street Scrambler but it was just hard work to ride at the pace I like. The Tiger is like a comfy armchair, it’s not going to set your pants on fire but it is a ride-all-day bike and I get to enjoy the scenery.

I just bought a Tiger 800, last of the 800s as a 2019 bike. I test rode Tigers twice before and bought, first time a GS twin cam, and second time a Yamaha Tracer 900. Wanted a Street Scrambler but it was just hard work to ride at the pace I like. The Tiger is like a comfy armchair, it’s not going to set your pants on fire but it is a ride-all-day bike and I get to enjoy the scenery.
I've got a 2014 Tiger 800, was thinking of a 900 GT Pro, test rode and thought hmmmm ...... seems lots of 800 owners that upgraded wish they didn't, mainly due to high vibrations with t- crank engine, power is same as 800 at 95hp....your gen 3 800 may be the best of the lot, all the 800's are really comfortable easy bikes to ride and fuel consumption is great on the later bikes

I've got a 2014 Tiger 800, was thinking of a 900 GT Pro, test rode and thought hmmmm ...... seems lots of 800 owners that upgraded wish they didn't, mainly due to high vibrations with t- crank engine, power is same as 800 at 95hp....your gen 3 800 may be the best of the lot, all the 800's are really comfortable easy bikes to ride and fuel consumption is great on the later bikes

I had the last in the line GS as well, a 2012 twin cam, and it did seem well sorted. Certainly was when I sold it.

Back
Top Bottom