Pilot light staying on

GSGRIFF

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all.. my 2010 twin cam r1200gs pilot light is staying on after I have turned off the ignition. Any ideas why? It never used to do it..

Just the front parking/pilot bulb. I’ve tried the proper procedure of left indicator switch to activate and ignition switch turned on and off twice to switch off but the front light stays on for random periods (it’s off at the moment). Someone suggested it might be an ecu issue? I’m on a camping trip in Wales and I’m wary off flattening the battery.

My first and easiest option would be to disconnect the battery for a few minutes.
The reason being is that the relevant circuits are controlled by the ZFE ecu which has a permeant live battery feed. ( not switched off by the ignition).
If there is a glitch in the ecu a reboot by disconnecting the battery might clear it.
Next option is to check for a control wire in the switch or from the switch going to ground.
Good luck & happy camping.

Cheers.Tried disconnecting battery and still just the front parking light refused to go off when reconnected. Seems ok again this morning after eventually going off last night. If it happens again I’ll remove the bulb and investigate further when I get home. Riding over the black mountains today, Wales is great! ��

Back
Top Bottom