FC MOTO PRICE DIFFERENCES

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a pair of TCX X-Blend boots.

Best price I can find is 126 Uk pounds from FC moto. https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...proof/SubProducts/TCX-X-Blend-Waterproof-0016

When I change the settings to Ireland the cost for the same boot jumps up to 150 UK pounds which translates to 170 euro.

Can someone explain to me what is going on there? I'm assuming that the tax is not being charged on the uk site? I'm sure this has all been covered before so sorry if it has.

It's probably without VAT to the UK - but not to Eire as you're still in the EU.

So if I buy them for £126 here in the UK, I'll also get nailed shipping costs, customs admin fee, carrier admin fee and 20% VAT on top as they move into the UK. Thanks, Brexit!

You will pay "just" the £150 plus shipping.

It's exactly that.

Some companies appear to be still handling the tax, so that you don't stuck for the 13 quid customs and the ridiculous 8 or 9 quid royal mail handling fee, which always adds around twenty quid on top of the vat. For example, I bought some led lights from Ledperf, they just add the tax, and they've been through customs with no customs charge or rm handling fee. Equally, bought some pegs and stuff from a US company. If you choose the FedEx international shipping option, the tax is sorted for you and, again no absurd customs and rm handling fee.

Sometimes you get lucky. I ordered something from a German company that cautioned that no tax had bee applied, so extra charges would be due, but luckily it escaped customs.

Everything attracts a different rate of Common Customs Tariff (CCT). Some will be 0% some up to 25%. it depends on the tariff code linked to your particular goods. Furthermore if the goods you buy from the EU originate in the EU then you should get the preferential rate of 0%.

VAT is another matter.

Back
Top Bottom