New Classic Bike Channel

I posted a moan a couple of years ago about bike journalism. My point was that bike reviews nowadays start with utterly pointless details like 'the new tft screen has more functions...' 'this year's model is 1.2kg lighter than last year's...' - not much more than a spec update - rather than articles I used to read in Motorcycle Mechanics or Bike back in the day, which left you knowing what it actually felt like to ride the bike.

What does the clutch feel like, how does it feel when you engage first, how does the power come in, what are the vibes like, what does the bike smell like .... all that sensory stuff that made you feel far more engaged.

These videos are, for me, a really welcome return to that kind of narrative - well done.

Some time ago I realised that I didn't actually need to own all of my dream bikes, I just wanted to have a go on them at some point. I wanted to know what it would feel like to ride a Commando, a Jota, a few others. These vids take me a long way down that road.

Keep them coming. Cheers!

Thank you for the encouraging comments - one of the reasons I started doing this is I have some mates that have some beautiful bikes that they very kindly let me ride and I thought it would be good to share, also something to watch over winter (plus a legacy for our kids to laugh at when we are all dribbling old giffers)

In the pipeline we have a lovely Red Mk1 commando (US spec)
a 1956 Arial SQ 4
And we have made contact with a guy who will work with us who has a collection of lovely old bikes
We also have a Mk 2 Hayabusa but not sure if that is appropriate for the channel while absolutely a classic

Cheers Mike

That is a nice one - that has the addition of a revcounter

As an aside yer man in the video said that 71 was the only year they made the OIF TR6C but that is incorrect. They made them for 2 years and mine was a 72. You can easily differentiate the two models years by the rocker box caps. The 71 had four screw on caps whereas the 72 was the first year Triumph started fitting the rocker boxes with inspection plates ;)

P6060016.jpg

As an aside yer man in the video said that 71 was the only year they made the OIF TR6C but that is incorrect. They made them for 2 years and mine was a 72. You can easily differentiate the two models years by the rocker box caps. The 71 had four screw on caps whereas the 72 was the first year Triumph started fitting the rocker boxes with inspection plates ;)

P6060016.jpg

Hahah he has already been chastised over that by his brother :)

Ok after much delay we finally have the Norton Video up
If you enjoy these please like ad subscribe on YouTube it will help us enormously
Cheers Mike

Back
Top Bottom