Who Does The Best Deal For A New Beemer?

developer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm sure by now there must be knowledge about a particular dealer/dealers who offer the keenest prices for new purchases.

I don't mind travelling.

Have you looked on the bmw Motorrad uk website? You can see all bmw dealers and all their bikes. This will give you an idea which dealers have the best offers then start the haggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a great deal with Hugh at Bahnstormers maidenhead.

A 1250 GSA 40th Ani with heated seats, SOS, alarm for £19500 on the road :thumb The 40th edition is a £1200 option pack as it comes with the Billet cylinder covers.

Not sure if that will be available today but that's what I got end of April. At least £2k below the BMW configurator price.

Jon

'Deals' on new bikes tend to be driven by the dealers bonuses from BMW, so it all depends on the timing your purchase and how close the dealer is to meeting his sales targets - a matter of luck unless you have inside information about a particular dealers sales and when their bonus kick in. BMW like to control the price of new bikes and don't like the dealers discounting.

At the moment, on some makes of bikes anyway, the dealers don't need to do deals. Demand is outstripping supply.

rybrook bmw in the midlands ,salesman is howard ,he off till monday ,a helpful and easy to deal with bloke ,thats why i travelled from co durham to midlands for my new triple black r1250gs .his pricing was a grand better on my part ex than the two local to me .

I'm sure by now there must be knowledge about a particular dealer/dealers who offer the keenest prices for new purchases.

I don't mind travelling.

Give mark a ring at Allan Jefferies at Shipley, Gave me a good deal on a new 21 plate 1250 GSA with extras

'Deals' on new bikes tend to be driven by the dealers bonuses from BMW, so it all depends on the timing your purchase and how close the dealer is to meeting his sales targets - a matter of luck unless you have inside information about a particular dealers sales and when their bonus kick in. BMW like to control the price of new bikes and don't like the dealers discounting.

in a normal year, this is the case, with end of quarters being the best time as the dealers get monthly, quarterly and annual targets.

At the moment, on some makes of bikes anyway, the dealers don't need to do deals. Demand is outstripping supply.

this is certainly the case now. Stocks of new bikes are low, used prices are rising. The global shortage of electronics means bikes are being made to order and taking several months to arrive. The biggest discounts would normally be on bikes in stock but there are not many of these, especially in the popular models.

Your best bet for a discount is to be flexible on the colour and spec of the model you want and do not procrastinate as someone else might take the deal whilst you ponder.

These posts can be infuriating.

Wheres the best place to get a deal. FML there isnt one or every twat would just use the one dealer.

Its like who does the cheapest insurance etc

Work out what you want, ring around, decide which is best for you. Its really the best way of doing it.

These posts can be infuriating.

Wheres the best place to get a deal. FML there isnt one or every twat would just use the one dealer.

Its like who does the cheapest insurance etc

Work out what you want, ring around, decide which is best for you. Its really the best way of doing it.

100%. I live 10 minutes from Bahnstormer Maidenhead and purchased all my previous beemers from them, but currrent gsa was from north Oxford because I got a £700 better deal. Still go to Bahnstormer for service & everything else, but £700 is £700.

Are you current serving or ex military, Plod, Fire or Ambulance etc. If so you are eligible for a Defence Discount Card or Blue Light Card. With this you can purchase a new BMW bike at a discount through Motorfinity, likewise for cars, on the car side the savings can be huge, you can get a car at almost cost price and that can be £ks off, unfortunately they don't quote the savings on bikes on line, you have to contact Motorfinity. If you are eligible the card will cost you £5 I think but it gets discounts on thousands of things.

I have a discount card as I was in the RN,you have to have a discount card as said earlier and you can only pick up from Park Lane London.

It’s not Hugh, Howard or Mark. It’s Dave. Dave does the best deals. I’ve just bought an F850gs from him. Great deal. Mind you, Richard sold me my R1250GS and he gave me a good deal too. Two separate dealerships. All I had to do was ring round and ask.;)
Alan R

I have a discount card as I was in the RN,you have to have a discount card as said earlier and you can only pick up from Park Lane London.

Ex RAF without discount card, but I bought new from Park Lane. The card is a con, because they give you a discount if you haggle with them anyway.

Ex RAF without discount card, but I bought new from Park Lane. The card is a con, because they give you a discount if you haggle with them anyway.

Hardly a con at £5, vehicles are only one deal, I looked at a VW Touareg and was offered almost £10k off. I've saved £100s on everything from burgers to vacuum cleaners, 10% of Halfords too will quickly get your £5 back, so well worth a fiver.

Not heard about the Ex forces discount card.

Is it the Defence Discount Service?

Back
Top Bottom