Transferring music from Mac to iPhone

stolzy

Reaction score
My iPhone 12 won’t sync with my Mac, it insists I upgrade to BigSur. I can’t do that because I’ll lose access to my (very expensive) photo printer that I’ve just filled with (even more expensive) ink.

I’m aware of third party programs that will transfer music (and IIUC other files too) from Mac to iPhone.

Any of them any good?

I now have the same problem trying to move photos from iPhone 12 to Mac OS X 10.15 which seems to be equally as impossible.

not something I do as dont have a mac but mate says iTransfer works fine, phone to mac or mac to phone works both ways

not something I do as dont have a mac but mate says iTransfer works fine, phone to mac or mac to phone works both ways
I looked into iTransfer (and it looks useful), but doesn't get round the problem that the iPhone 12 won't connect to a Mac running 10.15 (Catalina).

On Apple support community most requests for this (admittedly IOS13) point here.

Found this online too.

HTH

On Apple support community most requests for this (admittedly IOS13) point here.

Found this online too.

HTH

Useful, but not relevant in this case. The Mac knows the phone is there, but won't connect because the versions of iOS and Mac OS X are not compatible. I can't upgrade the Mac to Big Sur (at least for the time being).

can you not back up one on icloud or google drive or one drive or similar, then copy back to the other?

can you not back up one on icloud or google drive or one drive or similar, then copy back to the other?

Exactly what I thought and that works for photos (or I at least think so, I'm still up/down loading), but not for music (iTunes).

My other solution was to Airdrop the pictures, but it turns out AirDrop is OK for one or two pics, but flakey for significant number of images.

I'm running my Mac (2019) with Catalina (I tried Big Sur, didn't go well !).
My Iphone 12 syncs perfectly using finder, though when first connected, it automatically downloaded an additional piece of software.

Back
Top Bottom