Klim crash guarantee

AustinW

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Klim crash guarantee…

… to good to be true? Replacement gear after an off? well it seems to work. 😎

I mentioned in Ricks thread about nearly falling off on diesel that I had actually fallen off just a few days previously on what I think was hydraulic fluid and that I was wearing a nearly new Klim Marrakech suit - just 3 weeks old. I heard today that they have agreed to replace the suit. 👍😀

It’s a simple process - find the form on Klim’s website, complete it as best you can - it’s in “American” - they will send you a link for you to supply more information about your incident and then a week later an email popped up saying wash then return your suit to the EU distributor, give us (in the USA) the postal tracking number and we will post out a new suit - tell us what you want from our website. Happy days. But I will stick with the Marrakech as it’s fabulous.

Top tip if you think you need to claim, involve the police somehow as some sort of police documentation seems to be an essential bit of information. They want a copy of the “police accident report” but I just had a “police incident” number from their investigation of the oil spill. It obviously satisfied the Klim people.

The washing machine is locked and loaded, the suit will be in the post on Monday and hopefully I will be in the proud possession of spangly new one within a week or so.

I'm sure it is - and the customer is paying for it with each suit sold.

Rather like the Rukka 5-year guarantee, I suppose.

True, but if I had bought a cheaper suit, say £400 instead of the £720 I did pay I would be needing to pay to replace it so longer term it would have cost me more. The crash replacement guarantee is for five years too. Plus I am seriously impressed at how the suit protected me. I think I went down hip first then forearm. Minor friction graze on the forearm- completely healed now 10 days after event, and some bruising. Nothing whatsoever on my legs except a sore knee. You need to look properly to see the damage to the suit - rubbed skid mark about an inch wide on leg and arm and a few picks and scuffs in various places. One seam slightly pulled on the hip but still intact and I have been wearing the suit since. I am not so sure a £400 suit would have fared so well from other incidents I have witnessed. I reckon my leathers would have just shown a few scuff marks though and had got me thinking again about what’s best to wear.

Revit gloves took a slight hit but a seam has burst open - a bit rubbish really. Old Hein Gericke boots scuffed through the leather to expose the Goretex. Still wearable when I get some new laces. They did ok.

So my crash damaged Suit was posted off on Tuesday 15th June. I emailed the guy at Klim to give him the tracking number. OK, great he said, remind me what you want and where to send it? Which I duly did. Thanks he says your new suit is in the post (16th June). On 18th June a brand spanking new Marrakech suit arrived at ours all the way from Idaho in the US of A. Talk about good service 👍👍👍

I checked my tracking number: not even delivered yet - held in customs. It’ll be right.

Bloody Brilliant. I am liking Klim more and more.

If anyone else needs to do a return to Klim Europe in Austria you will need the following details for customs:

VAT : NL823813319B01

EORI : NL807343717

I was concerned about the address given as if you Google it it is a car repair workshop. But,If you phone the European number on the Klim website you will speak to the helpful (and in my dreams gorgeous) Carina who confirmed the address. I used her email as the contact. chaas@klim.com. I’ve also got her mobile 😁.

Bloody brilliant. The insurance also approved the repairs to my bike on Friday 18th. AND my son sold his bike that day. AND I got a bargain whisky in the off licence. All in all one of those good days when thing come together nicely. I had a shag too👍

Back
Top Bottom