Hooped Pannier Rails/frames for 1150R

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know if there are any pannier frames for the 1150R that will take fit Ardcase Panniers? I know touratech make frames and they fit the Ardcases. But does anyone / has anyone modded an 1150R to take aluminum side cases in place of the touring luggage? I already have Ardcases so that would be my preferred fitting choice but not seen an 1150r with hooped frames. Anyone know of anything?

OK, maybe if I rephrase the question. Is the rear subframe (as in mount points the same) on 1150Gs bikes as it is on 1150R bikes? I know 1150 GS's take the BMW touring side cases but have seen them with square panniers. What are the pannier frames for these mounted on? I'd really like square boxes on my R due to luggage space

OK, so looked at a few 1150GS bikes at the ABR and the mount points seem to be the same that are available on the 1150R. A search through the microfiche shows the same photo but different rear sub frame numbers. So is it a case of now getting someone to measure the differences between mount points for me and a template being made or can anyone shed other helpful suggestions on here? Anyone with maybe a spare set of pannier hoops/frames in London that I can hold up against my bike? Ideas please

Touratech Zega (wot I have, good and strong) or Metal Mule? MM may be able to advise on dimensions. I would have thought that most bikes using the BMW System boxes and rail mounts would be the same.

Back
Top Bottom