Mitas Terra Force Tyres

M30SJM

Reaction score
Ey up chaps,
I was on the hunt for a new set of boots for an upcoming trip to replace my Trail 5's. Ive previously run A41's and the bike can with Conti TA 2 (possibly 3's i cant remember)
Anyway, using my criteria for tyres (in no particular order) they must be round, black and preferably cheap, i managed to find a pair of Mitas Terra Force.
I've been running the Sport Force on my Tiger 1050, and CCM supermoto for a couple of years, and give the CCM a good thrashing around the 3 sisters circuit every now and again, and hve been very impressed with the tyres.
Anyhow, the short trip we had planned was a 700-750 blast around southern Scotland. We left home near Skipton Friday dinner time, blasted up over Hartside and then Brampton Langholme and over to Dumfries, all on the back roads.
From Dumfries on saturday we did, Dalbeattie, Kirkubright, New Galloway, Dalmellington, Strainton, Girvan, Newton Stewart, New Galloway, Monaive, Thornhill, Leadhills, Crawford John, New Cummnock, Dalmellington, New Galloway, Crocketford, Dumfries.
Today we did Lockerbie, Langholme, Longtown, A6 to Penrith, Orton Tebay, Kirkby Lonsdal and home to Skipton.
Anybody that knows the are of southern scotland we have covered will probably agree that its probably one of the best areas of the country fro smiles per mile, with some fantastic quite twisty roads all linked together without having to do loads of miles to get from one to the other.
Anyway, 750 miles in total, and i can confirm i am as equally happy with the Terra Force tyres as i have with any of the "better" brands, and the killer part...£173 delivered for the pair.
We were fortunate enough not to do any wet riding at all, so i cant say how good or bad they are in iffy conditions, but not complaints at all, and apart from loosing all the little hairy bits, you cant see any signs of wear at all, and considering the spirited pace of the weekend thats perfect.

Stu

Your absolutely spot on about the border roads, there bliss and that A714 going south from Girvan :okay:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom