Acewell speedo

Mongolian Explorer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for recommendation of someone who can replace an original speedometer with an Acewell unit. Supposed to be plug and play but beats me

Thank you

Which bit are you struggling with? It’s fairly straightforward, just connect the acewell loom to the OEM connector that’s already in the headlight shell. You don’t need to use all the extra bits of wiring that acewell include in the box. The only other thing is to swap the mechanical speedo drive for the new electrical one, and that’s just a single connection. Don’t bother with the oil temp sensor.

I agree the instructions are pretty rubbish though!

It is the 4 wires that need to be connected to the rev counter(so they tell me) but i only have 3 wires coming out of the rev counter

It is the 4 wires that need to be connected to the rev counter(so they tell me) but i only have 3 wires coming out of the rev counter

There should be a smallish white plug coming out of the acewell unit that plugs into a matching connector that comes out of the loom inside the headlight shell that goes to the ignition switch. If you can find that connector it should be plug and play

There should be a smallish white plug coming out of the acewell unit that plugs into a matching connector that comes out of the loom inside the headlight shell that goes to the ignition switch. If you can find that connector it should be plug and play

Thank you will investigate properly on next day off

Not yet, days off are few and far between at the moment but think I know, with the help of a call to Acewell how the wires should be matched

Back
Top Bottom