Fuel map issue?

Info beemer will send cable by 1st class mail, so give back 26.40 dollar refund on shipping, make it better now, so shipping only 30 dollar instead of 56 dollar.

Contacted beemerboneyard in the US who sell the AF-XIED and they no longer ship to the UK. All down to Brexit apparently. Says it isn’t worth their while to register for UK tax purposes. Need to use a mail forwarder based over there or use a friend.

Contacted beemerboneyard in the US who sell the AF-XIED and they no longer ship to the UK. All down to Brexit apparently. Says it isn’t worth their while to register for UK tax purposes. Need to use a mail forwarder based over there or use a friend.

wow so unfair, maybe if you have friend in EU

That sucks...
If you happen to be into DIY electronics, you may build your own for a fraction of the cost...

Which is complete horse shit. They put it in the post, you pay the VAT and Import duty when it arrives.

Its always been the same.

Take a ride to hinkley, map done within the hour, dyno print out, and feel the improvement on the way back.

Its only about 300 notes I think.

Take a ride to hinkley, map done within the hour, dyno print out, and feel the improvement on the way back.

Or:
Wash your bike, pet the fueltank and leave it in the garage.

Go to your nearest pub and get a beer for your self and a mate.

The next morning your bike will be just a improved as if it went to hinkley, your mate got a free beer and you have saved your self 280 quid.

If by Hinckley, you mean Mallory Park and RJS Superbike and their dyno you might be a lot, lot nearer the truth.

Don't shoot the messenger. Here's the blokes reply from the US :

Hi Chris,

With Brexit happening the UK is now requiring independent businesses like ours to apply for a tax license and collect and submit VAT tax from UK customers. We don't do enough business in the UK to go through all of that I'm afraid. You can use a forwarder with a US address or have a friend in the US send it on to you.
Thanks,
Mike

Not sure if he's spinning me a line or telling the truth. That's his reply when I asked about shipping charges etc.

If by Hinckley, you mean Mallory Park and RJS Superbike and their dyno you might be a lot, lot nearer the truth.

no Hilltop, you can also get some discounts on here if you book in a group. Although I havent seen any for a while.

Hi Chris,

With Brexit happening the UK is now requiring independent businesses like ours to apply for a tax license and collect and submit VAT tax from UK customers. We don't do enough business in the UK to go through all of that I'm afraid. You can use a forwarder with a US address or have a friend in the US send it on to you.
Thanks,
Mike

Not sure if he's spinning me a line or telling the truth. That's his reply when I asked about shipping charges etc.

yes he could then charge you the VAT etc and you wouldn't get charged on import.

USA companies have never charged EU vat that I have bought from. So it seems like they may have been misinformed.

Yes this is truth, I just email Mike as I want to buy for cousin in Scotland, and he say, he can send to me in Amsterdam and I must send by me then to Scotland, maybe good idea anybody go holiday to USA buy a few, will sell good, better than magic maps.

Yes this is truth, I just email Mike as I want to buy for cousin in Scotland, and he say, he can send to me in Amsterdam and I must send by me then to Scotland, maybe good idea anybody go holiday to USA buy a few, will sell good, better than magic maps.

but its wrong, as they do not have a presence in the UK, if they were sending to a warehouse and then supplying etc, then they would have to register.
Nor is it a business to business sale.

So they don't have to be VAT registered just like most of them aren't VAT registered.

You as the recipient are the importer, not the USA company.

Its no different since Brexit.

but its wrong, as they do not have a presence in the UK, if they were sending to a warehouse and then supplying etc, then they would have to register.

So they don't have to be VAT registered just like most of them aren't VAT registered.

Maybe so, but these are the facts according to the company. I won’t be able to change his mind so this is how it is if anybody wants to buy one.
I have a friend of a friend in Florida who may be able to help me out. Alternatively I might just chop it in for something else that doesn’t need remapped straight from the factory.

Maybe more truth is, USA company got no business because of magic map company, maybe that has changed, I do not see magic map here more.

Maybe so, but these are the facts according to the company. I won’t be able to change his mind so this is how it is if anybody wants to buy one.
I have a friend of a friend in Florida who may be able to help me out. Alternatively I might just chop it in for something else that doesn’t need remapped straight from the factory.

The 1250 is very good indeed, I just get this back from beemerboneyard.

Our shipping software company sent us the notice saying any shipments from a business into the UK require the VAT to be paid or shipment will be stopped in customs. I researched it as well. Large platforms like Amazon, eBay, Etsy etc have made deals with the UK government to collect the taxes from customers for their sellers and remit them to the government. Solo guys like us are left to open accounts with the UK and collect and remit taxes.

https://www.eseller365.com/how-a-ne...cts-every-us-seller-shipping-to-uk-customers/

Hi Chris,

Thanks,
Mike

The onus to collect the VAT is put onto the courier in the UK, who charge a fee for doing so. I'm not sure he's right but hey ho.

I used BHP but I purchased the ECU Flasher.
For me, although the 1250 is much better it was the lower speed fuelling that I still found jerky and a slight flat spot around the 4-5k.

A big thumbs up from me. :thumb2
As has been reported before on here. You purchase the flasher, download software on to a laptop, plug the flasher into the ECU to take a reading of that map, email it to BHP, they assess and match it to their own map of an R1250GS, sent two maps back to me, one for earlier valve opening and one for constant open valve.

The flasher can store ten maps so I have three stored and can put the original map back on at any time.
Takes about 10 mins to upload a map onto the bike.

If you sell the bike, you can have the flasher reset, then purchase a new map for your bike (providing it's available) at a reduced rate.

Made a massive difference to me. When I enquired they told me that the difference between having your bike on the dyno and the emailed map was not a big difference. They are so confident in the emailed map that they told me you can have it tested against the dyno if you so wanted.

They also offer this for the 1200.

Back
Top Bottom