Fuel map issue?

Ciderdrinker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi. Bit of a strange one but has any body had an issue with fuel maps being out of kilter?
On my 2017 GSA triple black the Dynamic mode is cack. Feels like there’s a flat spot in the middle of the rev range and feels flat when accelerating hard. However in Road mode it pulls strongly and smoothly all the way to the top, no problem.
Looking for info/advice. It’s going for it’s service shortly so I’ll ask them to check it out.

Cheers!

My 2017 GSA was exactly the same. I had it on a dyno and the map had a definite flat spot at 4500rpm. When accelerating on the road it felt as if the traction control was cutting in momentarily. I believe it’s a consequence of the euro 4 fuel mapping and the difference between dynamic and road modes is due to the, for want of a better expression, ‘full on’ fueling of the dynamic mode and the slightly more restrained fueling of the road mode. The way to resolve it is to trade the bike in for a 1250!
Alan R

Hi. Bit of a strange one but has any body had an issue with fuel maps being out of kilter?
On my 2017 GSA triple black the Dynamic mode is cack. Feels like there’s a flat spot in the middle of the rev range and feels flat when accelerating hard. However in Road mode it pulls strongly and smoothly all the way to the top, no problem.
Looking for info/advice. It’s going for it’s service shortly so I’ll ask them to check it out.

Cheers!
Welcome to the GS1200 EURO4, that's how they are.

Rapid bike controller maybe .

I do not have any experience with the Rapid Bike products, but by reading their description and how to set them up, they appear to be changing the O2 sensor signals in an analogue way. If such is the case, I would describe them as waste of money.

The best comercial way of manipulating the O2 signal will be the AF-XIED way. They work, and the way they work make sense.

An other option is to get in touch with a tuner that specialize on BMW and have them remap the bike. (And I'm not talking about the scam-operation that used to advertise on top of this forum)

I do not have any experience with the Rapid Bike products, but by reading their description and how to set them up, they appear to be changing the O2 sensor signals in an analogue way. If such is the case, I would describe them as waste of money.

The best comercial way of manipulating the O2 signal will be the AF-XIED way. They work, and the way they work make sense.

An other option is to get in touch with a tuner that specialize on BMW and have them remap the bike. (And I'm not talking about the scam-operation that used to advertise on top of this forum)

Just a thought as i have the Rapid Bike smart on mine and it makes it run as it should with the full exhaust system , but the 1250 fuel base map is good so the addition of the Rapid makes it keep its smoothness as you have noted before.

Cheers!

Rapid bike is more a quick fix, but benefit leave quickly, like poster says before AF-xied simply the best for 2017 bike, I have for few years fantastic on setting number 7 and 8 is good also.

Just a thought as i have the Rapid Bike smart on mine and it makes it run as it should with the full exhaust system , but the 1250 fuel base map is good so the addition of the Rapid makes it keep its smoothness as you have noted before.

The 1250 is different from the 1200 since the 1250 use a WideBand O2 sensor, vs the NarrowBand sensor on the 1200. The Rapid Bike units are also totally different, and if I recall correctly, the hook up on the 1250 is also far more extensive than for the 1200. Thus, my comment was for the 1200 unit only, as that is the subject in this post.

That said, the 1250 ECU is at least as adaptive as any of the 1200 LC bikes, and replacing the exhaust sytem on the 1250 is an easy task for the ECU, thus the fueling would be perfect for the 1250, no matter which exhaust-system is in use.

But perfect in this context means that the bike meets the EU5 standard. And as good as it may be in OEM congiguration, the engine will always run even better with a bit more fuel. So if the Rapis Bike unit for the 1250 is able to richen up the fueling slightly, this will improve whatever is allready pretty good.

Reading the installation manual for the RB unit for the 1250, where they tap into the ECU harness makes me suspect that the 1250 work more like a PowerCommander. If so, the fueling will be richer, but in a less accurate way than what the AF-XIED does for the 1200 (And I don't think there is one available for the 1250 yet)

The 1250 is different from the 1200 since the 1250 use a WideBand O2 sensor, vs the NarrowBand sensor on the 1200. The Rapid Bike units are also totally different, and if I recall correctly, the hook up on the 1250 is also far more extensive than for the 1200. Thus, my comment was for the 1200 unit only, as that is the subject in this post.

That said, the 1250 ECU is at least as adaptive as any of the 1200 LC bikes, and replacing the exhaust sytem on the 1250 is an easy task for the ECU, thus the fueling would be perfect for the 1250, no matter which exhaust-system is in use.

But perfect in this context means that the bike meets the EU5 standard. And as good as it may be in OEM congiguration, the engine will always run even better with a bit more fuel. So if the Rapis Bike unit for the 1250 is able to richen up the fueling slightly, this will improve whatever is allready pretty good.

Reading the installation manual for the RB unit for the 1250, where they tap into the ECU harness makes me suspect that the 1250 work more like a PowerCommander. If so, the fueling will be richer, but in a less accurate way than what the AF-XIED does for the 1200 (And I don't think there is one available for the 1250 yet)

You can blue tooth the unit to your pc and alter the map range and O2 sensors etc not messed to much with it but will do later .

These people will do it and it is not magic.

They can and will supply a plug in module which connects the diagnostic port or alternatively and preferred by them is download a map on the ECU.

The map is not hidden and they will dyno the bike etc and supply the AFR values.

Cost is £400 and takes around 3 hours.

https://bhp-uk.net/motorcycle-remaps

Unfortunately they do not work Saturdays.

These people will do it and it is not magic.

They can and will supply a plug in module which connects the diagnostic port or alternatively and preferred by them is download a map on the ECU.

The map is not hidden and they will dyno the bike etc and supply the AFR values.

Cost is £400 and takes around 3 hours.

https://bhp-uk.net/motorcycle-remaps

Unfortunately they do not work Saturdays.

Yes look very good, and much logic and good work seen here, no magic no hidden, gives confidence, but nothing beat af-xied on 1200

Yes look very good, and much logic and good work seen here, no magic no hidden, gives confidence, but nothing beat af-xied on 1200

+1
No BS, all straight talk, and it all makes sense.

And also, the AF-XIED would probably do pretty much the same thing.

The challenge for the AF-XIED shipping to Europe would be that by the time all charges are added, it will probably cost the same as a tune, and there would be the need of extra space for the boxes. On the other hand, when selling the bike, the AF-XIED is possible to be removed and sold separately and get some of the money back.

+1
No BS, all straight talk, and it all makes sense.

And also, the AF-XIED would probably do pretty much the same thing.

The challenge for the AF-XIED shipping to Europe would be that by the time all charges are added, it will probably cost the same as a tune, and there would be the need of extra space for the boxes. On the other hand, when selling the bike, the AF-XIED is possible to be removed and sold separately and get some of the money back.

Yes agree was my thinking when I buy AF-xied I can sell later, and agree boxes under seat give less positions possible.

Hilltop can sort this out with their custom maps

Please no joke company, Af-xied is real and exist, and BHP look good and is real also.

I have a dyno printout with real world changes.

It gets hidden so BMW/insurance doesn’t know it’s there

I have a dyno printout with real world changes.

It gets hidden so BMW/insurance doesn’t know it’s there

They are not able to find it, because there is nothing extra there....
I feel sorry for you that you don't realize you have been scammed ...

I actually think now to put af-xied boxes in place where DWA alarm has place, as I have no alarm and do not change number settings on af-xied, with long cables, plan looks good and give me my seat positions back again.

https://www.beemerboneyard.com/bmwafxiedex24.html

In place of this DWA not on my bike
dwa.png
[/url][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom