Removing exhaust flap help req

Lesterzzzzzzzz

Reaction score
Can I remove the pulley cables, electric connector & motor from my 2012 r1200GS. Do I need to do anything to the motor cable or other electrical bits.

Ta

I removed the cables on my 2012 and left the motor in place. No fault codes experienced at all. I put blanking rubber grommets in the cable holes to prevent moisture and grime getting in.

I removed the cables on my 2012 and left the motor in place. No fault codes experienced at all. I put blanking rubber grommets in the cable holes to prevent moisture and grime getting in.

That is strange, Have you had the coding changed in the ECU.
On my 2012 the GS911 always came up with code 10313 Exhaust flap servomotor, The fault is currently present.

There must have been a change in software.
Mine was recorded in the BMS-KP2 ecu, I would clear the code and it would come straight back up until I fitted the Healtech box.
Looks like you chaps have been lucky.:)

I think the confusion is that yes there will be a fault code. Nothing will display on the dashboard though.

Fault codes galore on our 2015 RT, even with cables off the servo, still generates a code

I think the confusion is that yes there will be a fault code. Nothing will display on the dashboard though.

Yes you are right and my apologies! No fault codes on dash! Only those blessed with fancy equipment may see the faults. However bike was serviced by dealers a couple of times and comment was made about the accelerator module fitted throwing up faults but no mention ever made about the exhaust flap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I removed the cables and servo years ago, yes the gs911 always shows a fault code but it has no impact at all so its ignored.
I even left the wide open valve in place so, no need of any extra pipe, all good.

I removed the cables and servo years ago, yes the gs911 always shows a fault code but it has no impact at all so its ignored.
I even left the wide open valve in place so, no need of any extra pipe, all good.

Yep did the same, but the problem is the fast approaching emissions for bikes, including noise, which the MOT stations are gearing up for. It is now illegal to mess with any of the emissions bits fitted to a bike (including the flap - which is mainly noise I understand). The key will be how far back they mandate this stuff should all be there and working. If its only EU5 going forward it won't bother me :)

Back
Top Bottom