Possible dilema for new Goldwing owners !! ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortina

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Simple one for you boys to crack ................ find me a set of tyres ??

None of my "local" tyre men can find me a set ................ essentially anywhere. Yes , could POSSIBLY get a set posted from usa , but that's starting to get a bit silly.

One faint chink of light .... is a set of Bridgestone Exedra from M&P ............... showing 50 sets in stock .............. although they haven't actually got any !! ... but are promised in "tomorrow" ....... hmmm ................ we shall see !!

None of the maunfacturing facilities will even give a promise / expected date of availability . Never had a bike forced off the road due to no tyres .............. Darkside time maybe ???

Micheldever Tyres are one of the biggest tyre stockists.

I've no idea what tyre sizes you want from that post, but I know that many tyre shops buy from Micheldever.

Micheldever Tyres are one of the biggest tyre stockists.

I've no idea what tyre sizes you want from that post, but I know that many tyre shops buy from Micheldever.

Ok - I'll have a look. Rear size is the odd one (plenty of fronts about) rear is 200/55 R16 ............... Ta

Just looked - Zero tyres matching that size !!

Have you tried a Honda dealer ? They may have some in stock.

Incidentally, how many miles have you done, mines at 5400 and about ready for a new set.

Have you tried a Honda dealer ? They may have some in stock.

Incidentally, how many miles have you done, mines at 5400 and about ready for a new set.

No - will wait and see how the M&P thing works . No dealers in NI "allowed" to sell Goldwings , so odds are slim. I'm on about 6500 miles now , and things getting a bit low on the rear (won't make 7500). Not toooo bad considering the first 800 odd miles were as a demo bike and it probably was not driven slowly !!

Have you tried any of the tyre suppliers in the South of Ireland ? Just in case. :thumb

No - most things are dearer in the South .... but may try if M&P fail to deliver ? (Links to site or suggestions welcome) .... but the population of these things (new model Wings) in Ireland as a whole , is about 3 I guess ??

Ok - I'll have a look. Rear size is the odd one (plenty of fronts about) rear is 200/55 R16 ............... Ta

Just looked - Zero tyres matching that size !!

Nothing on black circles at that size...

Charles Hurst Belfast has 200 / 55 vr17 so they may has R16 if you give them a call.?

They have one (shown) , and surprise surprise .... won't deliver to N Ireland !!!! (pissed off now)

Is getting them in the more expensive south really an issue, I bet the bike wasn't cheap, so if it costs you an extra 30 quid per tyre vs leaving the bike off the road until you can get some in the north I'd pay the extra all friggin day.

Is getting them in the more expensive south really an issue, I bet the bike wasn't cheap, so if it costs you an extra 30 quid per tyre vs leaving the bike off the road until you can get some in the north I'd pay the extra all friggin day.

.............. and who wouldn't ??

Sorted. Bought a used rear tyre on ebay !! (what I needed !). £5 plus £7 delivery - good job , good service .... seller had lots different tyres for sale , not sure where they are coming from (source) - but date stamp and depth of tread clear before purchase - condition was great.
M&P have been good too(communication and helpfulness ... NOT their stock control system !) - now have a rear tyre from them , front on back order expected end of June to them . Metzler Cruisetech - so a new one for me (substituted for Bridgestones as they have no delivery date in sight .... at all !!!)
Aside from that. Brand new trye AND wheel available in USA for $350 delivered (possibly + taxes and fees ...... probably) , which is LESS that just the price of a tyre in this country .... so tempted there for 2 reasons a) handy to have a spare rear wheel for "stock" , and b) mad thought of darkside. ................ hmmm ................

Better close this out to avoid the debate and lecture about the legality (or should I say Illegalitity) of doing this in the UK. Have a good friend in the states on a wing with a CT fitted ..... and he will never go back to bike tyre , and he does NOT ride slowly round corners !!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom