A couple of newbie questions....

Arch Stanton

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm a long time owner of a 06 GS12 that I did a lot of miles on and really enjoyed.
Looking to replace with a 2013 WC 1200, 34kmiles, had a fair trade in price offered for a Kawa 650 Versys that I'm currently using (it's not a keeper...!)
I've a few questions to the wise please,

how many keys should the bike have? There is one 'proper' key and one plastic thing.
How easy is it to integrate a Nav V into the bike properly ( I own a Nav V and 4 button mount already)
How to test the ESA? Should it move the bike when stationary or only when moving?

Thanks in advance

Hi Arch, ESA best adjusted when at a stand still with engine running. Just run through rider, rider with luggage and rider, pillion and luggage. Should ris on each setting and return to start point on reversing settings. Nav should work ok. Enjoy your new bike.

as above.

Good thing about the GS pick up and ride.
They should have 2 keys, although i never got my 2nd key off Williams Manchester.
they kept promising it would be posted to me, that was 12 months ago!
Its due a service, i will remind them again lol

Only one proper key and one plastic key with my 1200GS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
The 1200gs lc is a great bike. Just be careful with the early models from 2013. I know of corrosion issues with the engine and drive train. Might be other little niggles that were solved in the later years - think 2015 onwards, although others on the forum might be able to help.

Regards.

Hi
The 1200gs lc is a great bike. Just be careful with the early models from 2013. I know of corrosion issues with the engine and drive train. Might be other little niggles that were solved in the later years - think 2015 onwards, although others on the forum might be able to help.

Regards.

My 47k mile, early 2013, is fine. No corrosion and no other niggles. People have had corrosion issues with all wc models. Singling out early 2013 models is simply incorrect.

Two in 2013 and my non keyless 2016.

Keyless ignition has one normal and one plastic.

Check that the front fork mod was done - they were all recalled and had collars fitted at the fork tops. Not much chance of one having slipped through the net but check.

The first year didn't need it. My first one was a 63 plate and didn't need it.

Check the gov recall site.

I have a 1200LC 2013 and it has no corrosion whatsoever. Fork recall not applicable to early ones. Go for the TE as it has all the bells and whistles. Brilliant bike just back form 2K around Scotland at 55 mpg and never missed a beat. Good luck with your new bike. ps get the back drive checked out for dryness!!!

Back
Top Bottom