Schoolboy error - Help!

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Like a fool, I updated my XT 2 days before a trip. Now I have 2022.1 maps on the device and 2021.3 in Basecamp, and all my routes are done in 2021.3

2022.1 don't work at all in Basecamp, even from the device, due to this unlocking issue. Can I roll the device maps back to 2021.3?

I am guessing here, but….

1. Can you display the generic base map on your computer?

2. Will that display the routes or a track version of the routes?

If so, can you send the routes / tracks across that way?

4. Can you export the route / tracks to an SD card and plonk that into your XT?

Another idea…..

Can you download Open Street Map maps to your computer, then send the map across to an SD card on your XT and go from there?

1. Can you display the generic base map on your computer?

Yes

2. Will that display the routes or a track version of the routes?

Yes

If so, can you send the routes / tracks across that way?

Yes but it recalculates horribly, even with shaping and way points

4. Can you export the route / tracks to an SD card and plonk that into your XT?

I can send them, they just recalculate

2021.3 maps on the Mac, 2022.1 maps on the XT!

I've just remembered I have a 590 in a drawer - I will see if I can update Basecamp to 2022.1 maps with this!

I installed 2022.1 maps on the Mac, using the old Zumo. All is well.

I'm no genius with this stuff, but your comment that the recalculations are a mess.

Have you double clicked on the route in the side bar to see which vehicle type is selected?

If you're seeing straight lines from all the shaping points, then I'd hazard a guess that if you change it to car or moto then it'll recalculate a 'real' route.

Just my halfpenny's worth

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Good thought, and on the right track. All the routes in BC are calculated Motorcycle, faster time, shorter distance, no avoidances. But then I've added waypoints and via points to make them go where I want.

I've discovered that the XT doesn't like this, as they then don't fit the criteria it has for faster time and shorter distance. So, in the XT, changing the routing to Garmin Adventurous, or sometimes even Offroad (I have put in some gravel sections) and it seems to work. Oddly, the Off Road setting is an actual thing - there is another setting for straight line.

I've also downloaded all the tracks as well, and by making those visible I'll be able to see if I'm off the route

I'm no genius with this stuff, but your comment that the recalculations are a mess.

Have you double clicked on the route in the side bar to see which vehicle type is selected?

If you're seeing straight lines from all the shaping points, then I'd hazard a guess that if you change it to car or moto then it'll recalculate a 'real' route.

Just my halfpenny's worth

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I find downloading routes to the micro SD card, and then importing them from there, leads to less changes from the Basecamp version of the routes.

I find downloading routes to the micro SD card, and then importing them from there, leads to less changes from the Basecamp version of the routes.

How do you do this, John? From basecamp? Ie
put an sd card in the PC, create a Garmin folder, then select that as the destination for “send to device”? How do you import into the XT from there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the micro SD card in the XT and it shows in Basecamp as such. I then select the route and use the send to option and send it to the memory card. In the XT I then open up the trip planner and then use the spanner option to import them. I'm trying to remember to give them a suffix eg "SD" before transferring them so I know where I'm importing them from.

I do it the same way as in post #14.

I don’t anything more, like adding SD or stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom