RT rear drive on a GS???

southerndespatchcourier

Reaction score
does anyone know for certain if a 2011 pre LC 1200RT rear drive will fit a 2007 pre LC 1200GS?

I'm 99% sure it will but I'd like some confirmation from someone who has actually done it

I realise it will not have the hugger holes in it and the ratios will be slightly different but what about ABS sender sizes etc?

ta muchly..trying to help a pal out of a hole but I don't want to create more of a problem for either of us

First thing, check the ratio of the two as these could vary.

I would stop ,just send the gs final drive to mikeyboy on here to get refurbed , it’s going to be the best outcome in the long run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It will physically fit,
The ratio is different.
The abs may well throw the toys out
He needs to be looking post 2006 to pre 2010 without the breather.
Gs ,rt etc have different ratios.
Only the gs one has the brackets for the mudguard thing
Hope this helps

Edit,I was reliabley informed recently that there is a fair bit more to the abs sensors than meets the eye,
So although the size of the sensor may well be the same physical size from 06 to 11 they may not be compatible,I just don’t know as I’ve never had cause to try the swap.
Best stick with like for like

does anyone know for certain if a 2011 pre LC 1200RT rear drive will fit a 2007 pre LC 1200GS?

I'm 99% sure it will but I'd like some confirmation from someone who has actually done it

I realise it will not have the hugger holes in it and the ratios will be slightly different but what about ABS sender sizes etc?

ta muchly..trying to help a pal out of a hole but I don't want to create more of a problem for either of us

What’s up with the one currently fitted?

most bikes have a tolerance between front and rear wheel speeds - for tyre wear, diff brand of tyres etc, usually 10 or 12%. But with ASC BMW use the difference to know when to wind back the engine. FYI S on the GS is not sport, its off-road playing (the S of GS I guess). Does the same thing, lets you ride the bike like a grown up... (AKA throttle actually linked to the engine, not just almost permanently decoupled - coz your granny thinks its dangerous).

Said before, dying rear ABS sensor (usual wire break) on the K1300 (same elec sys and ABS2 as last of the GS hex bikes) causes the ABS to keep working but the bike become un-ridable as the ASR cuts the power as the miss info from the rear senor is treated as wheel spin. When you turn off TC all goes back to normal. How ABS didn't melt down ??? I guess it thought was mild rear lock up and coped.

The motoscan tool has option to play tyre sizes but only limited sizes, can't type in to suit what you want

ABS issues on Harley dead common on the one's that have 21" chopper front wheel, could be retrofitted and thus exceed the front rear threshold in ABS that needed reprogramming but dealers too dim to realise

Back
Top Bottom