Dartford crossing - stop & pay still?

Monsieur

Most respected and loved member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been many a year since I crossed this wonderful crossing. Then it was queue, stop at kiosk and pay.

I know it’s £2:50 (06:00-00:00) and I can pay by midnight the following day but are there pay kiosks still that I need to stop at.

If no stopping then I assume no more queueing?

Dartford crossing - stop & pay still?

Thanks for the replies - pay as you go account now set up.

Depending on what time of day you intend to cross and / or if it’s a bank holiday weekend or some such, there may or there may not be a queue, sometimes more marked on the anti-clockwise (twin tunnel) approach, than in the clockwise (bridge) direction.

They were meant to be putting in another crossing but there is zero sign of it. I guess they are now busy with HS2, having got bored with Crossrail?

Depending on what time of day you intend to cross and / or if it’s a bank holiday weekend or some such, there may or there may not be a queue, sometimes more marked on the anti-clockwise (twin tunnel) approach.

Hopefully not the frequent 40 minute jams of the past I was always part of

Went across it two weeks ago, forgot to pay on-line and got a Penalty Notice (£35 within 14 Days) :blast Went to pay and it would only take the £2.50 original fee as it was my first 'offence' :D PAYG Account now set up :thumb

If you open an account, Chuck say £20 in and don’t use it for 12 months the fuckers close your account and pocket your money. :mad: This is what happened to me. Robbing bastards.

I just registered a credit card with my Reg.No. no funding required :nenau

Just taken a car I sold 4 years ago off my account, I've been paying for their crossings :blast

Fortunately only about 24 journeys.

If you open an account, Chuck say £20 in and don’t use it for 12 months the fuckers close your account and pocket your money. :mad: This is what happened to me. Robbing bastards.

I was a very frequent user but haven't used the crossing since March 2020, received an account update last week to show I'm still £37.00 in credit. :nenau:nenau

The poor people of Dartford! Feck me sometimes that town grinds to a halt!

if there's an accident or breakdown, the queues at rush hour roughly form at a mile a minute. A Mile a minute!

For them to then dissipate, takes roughly a mile an hour !!

On a bad day, it is horrendous!!

:beerjug:

(Did quite a lot there, including polsa search training and of course used the ab load bay quite a bit for work. Stats are from their staff ... ).

All the tunnels around London are brilliant to drive through. :D

Back
Top Bottom