Devitt - a cancellation tale

Just had a shufty at my buildings and content insurance -

hidden in the small print - cancel after 14 days, and policy premium will not be refunded...

I'm guessing this is to do with the broker, as opposed to the underwriters?

What news from the chimps that seemingly somehow confused three months with six?

Still nothing - I must send a proper missive, having only emailed them via their contact form.

Just to wind up the easily wound, I actually renewed with them for the new bike - there was a 10% Sportsbikeshop discount with the policy and I'm after a decent quality summer jacket.

It's an Axa policy so I'm ok with that.

It'll be interesting to hear how (based on your numbers) the chimps explain the sums. The £55 charge I can sort of understand but, the six months becoming three months seems to make little or no sense.

Devitts take a cut of the insurance premium for setting up the policy. Someone has to pay for the overheads.
If you purchased via a comparison site did you claim the rewards? I renewed 2 policies and received 2 x £20 vouchers. Exchanged at Halfords or Dominoes Pizze etc.

Ohh that's good news, I always buy my insurance cover based on getting a free meatfeast double cheese stuffed crust pizza and a gallon of summer fresh screen wash.

Ohh that's good news, I always buy my insurance cover based on getting a free meatfeast double cheese stuffed crust pizza and a gallon of summer fresh screen wash.

I pay for mine in gold wrapped chocolate coins.

I'm notoriously bad (in our circle of family members) for not bothering to chase down "voucher" deals or special offers - just can't be arsed, however, I've just saved over £50 at Sportsbikeshop with my 10% "Devitt" discount code.

My car insurance was due to renew last weekend,

My current insurer, set me the renewal proudly proclaiming how it was £3 less than last year, whilst trying to price walk me into a vastly inflated price

A quick ring around found me better cover for 50% less..

I needed to cancel by Monday, easy peasy except they have no call centre, it's all online ...

the one good thing was no bullshit about "we can do better", lots of claims etc" just click the box and all done

the car can sit there for another 12 months ;)

Any reply from the chimps yet? Have they found their calendar or worked out that six is greater than three?

Back
Top Bottom