Potential new owner

If it’s an unmolested standard RK it will probably be pretty good for whatever you want to use it for as it is.

Just don’t join the lemmings that feel pressured into the rush of bolting on unnecessary “lifestyle” tat to make the bike look more badass. :blast

:thumb2

It's completely stock. The only thing I'd add to it would be heated grips and a USB port. I blessed without the insecurities to need to follow the herd.

I went from a 2009 Electra Glide Standard which was all day comfortable to a 2015 RK that was uncomfortable, even though it's the same basic motorcycle, but I knew this going in. Compared to an EG Standard the RK seat is lower and scrunches you forward to the tank, and the bars were maybe a couple inches higher with a different pull back. The difference in comfort or maybe I should say "discomfort" was dramatic, my knees and between my shoulder blades ached after an hour, my butt didn't even take that long. The reason I mention this is an inch or two up or down, forward or back, can make a huge difference in comfort and to keep in mind bars and seat are easily and inexpensively changed. Same with windshield heights they're easy to change and pretty inexpensive. I simply ordered FLHT bars and seat to put on my RK along with a 2" lower shield to make it all day comfortable.

Now if you don't care for the power delivery, weight, overall feel, or suspension because you plan to ride often on rough roads, that's different and not really fixable.

Yup. I have air filters on my mind.:type

That’ll be £300+ you’ll never feel any benefit from…………but it won’t stop you or any of the rest of us :D

I’m dreaming of the day someone makes a decent whitewall tyre for the RKS wheel sizes.

That’ll be £300+ you’ll never feel any benefit from…………but it won’t stop you or any of the rest of us :D

I’m dreaming of the day someone makes a decent whitewall tyre for the RKS wheel sizes.

Well here's the thing. I felt the benefit from the air filter when I realised I hadn't removed the plastic bag covering it from being out overnight.
Lack of power going down the road. :D

I had a RKC (2004) and loved it. They are a solid bike and great for long distances, short hops, and even in the twisties (as long as you are mindful of the limited lean angle).

Have you checked out the new BMW R18? I’ve seen them, but haven’t ridden. If you are just getting into Harleys it might be worth doing an a/b test ride on the RK and the R18, unless you’re committed to the HD brand bikes - which is understandable. I got a lot out of my HOG membership.

Won't happen.

Definitely won't happen now. Like someone said they're not for everyone...or me.

The RKS was too harsh, however I loved the ride on the RK Standard, it had a sundowner seat and the ergonomics fitted me like it was tailor made, but, WTF are these vibrations about, towards the end of the ride I'd had it, stopped at a red light put the stand out and got off the bloody thing leaving to 'idle' on it's own, the guy in the car behind pissing himself, and rightly so, the thing was shaking like it was possessed.
There was also a mad vibration around 1500 revs on a closed throttle while slowing down in gear, pulling the clutch in instantly stopped it but it was up through the seat and made my whole upper body vibrate.

I guess it's a Harley thing, so, unfortunately it's a no.

That bike has a problem - mine is smoother then silk!!!

Bizarre. :nenau

The new M8’s are super smooth and even the older Twin Cams and EVO’s are not that vibey if set up right.

Yep, I was expecting exactly that, did some research on the M8 so I wasn't going in blind. Think I may look for another RK Standard elsewhere and see if that's any different.

Definitely won't happen now. Like someone said they're not for everyone...or me.

The RKS was too harsh, however I loved the ride on the RK Standard, it had a sundowner seat and the ergonomics fitted me like it was tailor made, but, WTF are these vibrations about, towards the end of the ride I'd had it, stopped at a red light put the stand out and got off the bloody thing leaving to 'idle' on it's own, the guy in the car behind pissing himself, and rightly so, the thing was shaking like it was possessed.
There was also a mad vibration around 1500 revs on a closed throttle while slowing down in gear, pulling the clutch in instantly stopped it but it was up through the seat and made my whole upper body vibrate.

I guess it's a Harley thing, so, unfortunately it's a no.

Bike’s fucked…

Some people like to feel a big throbbing in their underpants, others prefer more of a tingle!

The feel on a closed throttle you describe sounds normal (mine does it), but the excessive vibration at all other times isn’t.

Some people like to feel a big throbbing in their underpants, others prefer more of a tingle!

The feel on a closed throttle you describe sounds normal (mine does it), but the excessive vibration at all other times isn’t.

It was ridiculous, the handlebars were moving so much if I let go slightly when stopped the grips would dance around in my hands (if that makes sense).

This: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-d...=on&sort=distance&make=HARLEY-DAVIDSON&page=1

Shame, I even liked the colour. Keeping an eye out for another non-black one, will go from there.

Back
Top Bottom