Heritage Classic

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thoughts please on one of these being more passenger friendly than my RKS . I do like them and have had a look at one when we were at the dealers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210620-084124_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210620-084124_Samsung Internet.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 334
Would be cheaper to change the rear shocks for quality items..

The new softail range is physically quite small, low seats - shorter wheelbase…..etc… make sure it’s suitable two up

Suspect the shocks are budget as well….

Whatever I do the RKS is staying.

Buy the Indian Roadmaster currently for sale on here, top notch air suspension and great passenger comfort. You don’t need the HD kool aid it’s all a facade. That Indian will work straight out the box no need for any mods.

Buy the Indian Roadmaster currently for sale on here, top notch air suspension and great passenger comfort. You don’t need the HD kool aid it’s all a facade. That Indian will work straight out the box no need for any mods.

But…. But….. that Indian would be like riding a Large Mr Wippy with sprinkles……….( it’s fucking hideous)…..IMO of course

But…. But….. that Indian would be like riding a Large Mr Wippy with sprinkles……….( it’s fucking hideous)…..IMO of course

Just looked.
No Sigh from me it's fookin ugly.
And I'm taking your advice. :thumb

Heritage is crap for anything more than an hour two up, my pillion on a loaned bike for a day from West Coast Harley hated it.
3194a1fa5a59887cc376cf63fe4f81e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Given that they are lighter than your RKS, and have the same engine they have more than enough power for two up riding. They are more nimble (if you can say that about a Harley!) BUT they are not as

good for two up riding as the RK. The RK is roomier and more stable, as others have said before....get your suspension sorted. The Heritage is good for knocking around locally and good fun but I reckon you

would get bored with it fairly quickly......I did.

(wtf happened to the spacing?)

Heritage is out then.

I use my Heritage for two up and the Fatboy for Solo. The pillion on the Heritage is ok for a Sunday jaunt , if the sissy bar is on with a pad. Not sure If they would want to tour into Germany on it though.

Some of the larger HD touring machines are fantastic for longer trips.

At the risk of sounding like Doris - have you thought about a standard Road King?

Their rear suspension and seat is much plusher so would be more comfortable for your good lady. The only disadvantage would be owning two bikes that are quite similar. Or go the whole hog and get a Ultra - I would imagine that would be about as plush as you’re gonna get in the H-D range.

At the risk of sounding like Doris - have you thought about a standard Road King?

Their rear suspension and seat is much plusher so would be more comfortable for your good lady. The only disadvantage would be owning two bikes that are quite similar. Or go the whole hog and get a Ultra - I would imagine that would be about as plush as you’re gonna get in the H-D range.

A standard Road King :yikes and Ultra def not.
She will now not be my Harley Bitch.

Back
Top Bottom