Standard Exhaust back on 40Year GS.

Reggie353

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After a boot/exhaust interface yesterday I have had to put my standard end can back on while I try to remove some melted boot sole!!! Surprised how good the standard exhaust looks.
af3834dadc69faa0a286cc1406c800f7.jpg

2c1eeff7d0ab1346902f2a832c9492f3.jpg

11ee7e9bfdb306ce04de5c39c7d986a8.jpg

0889952424c266b3bdbf807c585ca260.jpg

Akra being left in Tuesday to get repolished. That rubber is hard to remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small dremel will get that away nicely.

I think I’ll leave it to the professionals. I have a polishing wheel and it was hard to shift with it.

I think I’ll leave it to the professionals. I have a polishing wheel and it was hard to shift with it.

Yes good idea if not sure, but I just remember when I do mine older bike, I left engine running to keep pipe hot, and dremel wheel took off easy as rubber was hot, I used dremel because to not burn hand.

A lot quieter. I’ll take it for a long run this weekend and report back.

I have the black Akri on my 2021 TB GSA at the mo. It's been there from day one as I like the look but on long duel carriageway or motorway runs it gets a little tiresome. Mates all love the noise when it's over 5000rpm though. Feedback would be great.

After 30+years of loud exhausts I put the std can back on I don't miss the noise at all. I do still have the Akra headers on.
If I bought a 1250 I don't think i'd bother with any exhaust changes.

After 30+years of loud exhausts I put the std can back on I don't miss the noise at all. I do still have the Akra headers on.

Yep, same here.
New 1250 last year and fitted a Yoshimura can - sounds loverly but in the past few months it has been gradually annoying me on longer rides. Bought a baffle and its a bit quieter/ nicer now.
Must be getting old :rob:rob

Maybe you go deaf and hear no more noise because noisy cans before. ;)

You guys are getting old...Who cares about a little burnt sole on the can ? The Akrapovic is not loud but sounds better because deeper than stock and looks way nicer too :thumb2
I might give the Unit-Garage 2 into 2 a try...That thing sounds GORGEOUS and is LOUD on my buddies R Nine T :thumby:
Even Harley guys get scared when he passes them...:D
And the new H-D 1250 Pandemic sounds worse then a wet fart...;)

Great job, what did you do/use, might be handy for future reference.

Back
Top Bottom