Sleightholme moor road

MickDB1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Would/could anyone in nth Yorkshire give me a positive - Is this road/trail from near Tan Hill to Bowes still open please
Yonks since I've been on it and talking of doing it next Monday on me way to Scotland\
A chap at Scarcliffes told me he THINKS it been closed with a TRO on it
Thanks if yer know owt :D

Would/could anyone in nth Yorkshire give me a positive - Is this road/trail from near Tan Hill to Bowes still open please
Yonks since I've been on it and talking of doing it next Monday on me way to Scotland\
A chap at Scarcliffes told me he THINKS it been closed with a TRO on it
Thanks if yer know owt :D

Still open
Barriers up to stop 4x4 - but bikes can squeeze past them & the farmers ok with bikes using it

Perfect info yet again
Cheers
Johnny
Its only about 3 or 4 mile long (as I recall) but a nice breakup on the way north
Again thanks

Nice one! I can see this on the TRO Map...

Found a vid:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xcCDQYsbaNw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Definitely one to do when my new CRF arrives in March - a nice wee daunder as part of the running-in process :)

Thanks for the info chaps

Interesting! Might take that in en route to the airhead meet, later this year! Bookmark.

Plan to have lunch at the Tan Hill Inn - good beer, good food and very often good music.

Yup. Spotted that, ta. I now have a route "Straight down the Middle". Not a single motorway and lots of B roads. Airhead GS country! :thumb2

I once plotted a cross country route up to my Dad's in Scotland, Sleightholme was an unexpected but enjoyable addition selected by Garmin!

I must look at my after Dent route to Loch Earn, it would be nice to add that in

Back
Top Bottom