Touch up transparent paint - HP2 Sport

er-minio

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had a minor spill and slightly damaged the right valve cover on my HP2 Sport.

I was in the process of buying two spares anyway, so not overly bothered, but the transparent varnish over the carbon fibre has been compromised on two (very small) spots. I wanted to touch it up/seal it again, but I have absolutely no clue if there are touch up kits for stuff like that, and if it needs some specific high temperature stuff.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

I don’t think it is paint. I think it is a clear coat or some kind of clear gel coat.

This video and others may give you an idea:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CSFrCiGotwA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As proof of how much I don't know anything about it, I didn't know the difference between clear coat and "transparent paint". :)

Thanks for the video – I'll check.
I've been advised somewhere else as well to sand down the parts that are ruined and then re-apply the coat.

It's very little spots... I'll try to work out how much sanding is needed.

I guess the English word ‘paint’ translates itself in lots of different ways.

For example, you can paint on varnish ie. use a brush to ‘paint’ it on, even though varnish is not the same stuff as paint.

A tricky language. We are just lucky everyone else makes the effort to learn it… or we’d all have to learn foreign!

Back
Top Bottom