GS to RS

I had a brand new R1250RS as a loan bike while my R1250RT was in for warranty work. I liked it, fitted me well at 5'8". Much smaller feel to it than the RT.
The riding position was better than the R1200RS I test-rode about 3 years ago & the engine much more lively.
I will definitely consider one for my next bike.
The only thing I'd want to change on the RS is the position of the Nav, almost impossible to read on the move. It would be better if above the TFT.

I had a brand new R1250RS as a loan bike while my R1250RT was in for warranty work. I liked it, fitted me well at 5'8". Much smaller feel to it than the RT.
The riding position was better than the R1200RS I test-rode about 3 years ago & the engine much more lively.
I will definitely consider one for my next bike.
The only thing I'd want to change on the RS is the position of the Nav, almost impossible to read on the move. It would be better if above the TFT.

NAV can be moved very easily lots of aftermarket to be had

I had a brand new R1250RS as a loan bike while my R1250RT was in for warranty work. I liked it, fitted me well at 5'8".

Perhaps you have identified the problem. I'm 6' and 16 stone, so quite a big bloke. The seat/peg position simply didn't work for me and I'm not prepared to take a £15k punt that after market pegs will cure it.

Onward and upward. Superduke GT test on Monday.

Perhaps you have identified the problem. I'm 6' and 16 stone, so quite a big bloke. The seat/peg position simply didn't work for me and I'm not prepared to take a £15k punt that after market pegs will cure it.

Onward and upward. Superduke GT test on Monday.
I’m of a similar size to you and gave up trying to make an RS fit. Loved the actual bike but couldn’t do the miles on it. Went back to yet another gsa.

. I'm finding the height of the gs a problem, as evidenced by my 0 mph involuntary dismount last month on my very slopey drive. I have been thinking about this for a while now and the spill has accelerated the thinking.

How about a lowered GS or lowering the one you have at the moment?

How about a lowered GS or lowering the one you have at the moment?

I have thought about that but I want a change.

I tried the SuperDuke GT. Fowlers let me have one for 3 hours, so I managed a good mix of roads from motorways to nadgery back roads. It was excellent other than the standard KTM plank in place of the seat. A comfort seat is available but the salesman said he preferred the standard one. I'm not sure it was "tour" friendly enough for me, but I haven't ruled it out. In fact, I'd say it was the front runner at present. My neighbour has one with the comfort sat and he loves it, but he is away (on it) for a couple of weeks, so I can't try it.

The salesman encouraged me to sit on the Super Adventure, which seemed to have a low seat height in the showroom but felt taller on the road. Odd. Also the tank is very wide and forces the legs apart in what felt a bit of an odd way. I'm sure I could get used to it but it would be another too tall bike.

Onwards and upwards.

I've test ridden both the 1200 and 1250 RS. Ultimately I preferred the comfort, better visibility and as I ride on a lot of B and unclassified roads the way the telelever deals with the poor bumpy surfaces. I'm only 5'7" and found the stretch to the bars meant I was leaning forward quite a bit, which in turn made looking behind me more difficult and with the mirrors being further away than on the GS the field of vision wasn't as good either. It's a great bike though and worth a test ride to help you decide if it's for you or not. As a curve ball why not consider a factory lowered GS as the seat height is 50mm lower than a standard GS at 800mm

You can almost certainly fit GS-type bar mounted mirrors to the RS, I've done it on my R1250RT and now I'm not much using the fairing mounted mirrors - because they're further from the rider they have a lesser view.

Attachments

• IMG_7855.jpg
    IMG_7855.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_7856.jpg
    IMG_7856.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 235

Back
Top Bottom