Armoured Undershirts - Thoughts?

PhaedrusMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I like the idea of an armoured base layer under a shell.

I have one by Acerbis, and I like it, but I'm now looking at the Knox Urbane Pro Mk2. This has very abrasion-resistant areas as well as the armour inside. The back protector looks to sit quite low in pics, leaving the upper back exposed.

Anyone got the Urbane Pro Mk2?

I have one.
Great big bit of kit. Everything sits where it should.
Only issue I have is Knox saying they’ve got their new over jacket for this and then there being zero stock anywhere including them!

I would definitely find somewhere to try one on. I loved the idea of one of these it seemingly making sense on many levels until I tried one on -Ghostbikes, preston. As PNR says big and heavy and I mean very big and heavy and not at all what you would think of as an under- layer. If you rocked up anywhere it’s not something you’d want to keep on while you sat around sipping a latte. Plus for me the armour was all wrong and the back piece dug into my hips. I didn’t bother. A Klim Marrakech is much better.

Didn’t say it was big - that’s Siri adding words!
The new one with microlock armour is much slimmer than the first series which was rigid.

I have a Knox Action Shirt. Back, shoulder and elbow protection and you can add a chest protector too.

Got mine from Sports Bike Shop. Used it for about 4 years now. I'm pleased with it.

The armour is the soft, impact absorbent kind, rather than the hard, deflecting sort. You forget you have it on.

I use a Forcefield Pro shirt which I started wearing about 2 years ago, great kit and I wouldn't ride without it now, comfortable and the armour stays exactly where it should at all times.

I would have gone Forcefield if I hadn't seen the Knox stuff first.

I think they're very similar and I'd be happy with either of those. However, my choice would be either Knox or Forcefield, rather than the hard protection stuff.

I use the Knox Action Shirt Mk2 plus the chest protector, it is excellent. It is 'all-day' comfortable, as the armour sits exactly where it needs to be, plus the material wicks away sweat and has good ventilation panels.

Biggest issue with Knox is their stock availability (or lack of). I wanted to buy a matching pair of the Action Pants (Stupid name by the way :D), but was told they were out of stock and on back order. They could not say when they would arrive, but I could buy a pair to ensure I had one of the first consignments of stock. This was originally last summer when I looked. When I investigated buying some earlier this year they still gave me exactly the same reply.

I ended up pairing the shirt with the "Forcefield Pro Pants" which are also very comfortable, maybe the armour is not quite as comfy as the Knox, but on the legs it's not such an issue.

Both the pants and the shirt are close fitting to your body so the clothing they go under does not have to be huge. I wear my regular sized jacket and trousers and have room to add a mid layer jacket on top if required.

Back
Top Bottom