R1250RT

Good swooping skills.

I do indeed.

I’m home later, I’m sure it’s in my bits box

Pm me your details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been looking for a couple pf small bags to go on top of my side case pannier racks and found these at Halfords.
Cycle bags £50 for two. Bargain.

Attachments

• 20210825_073837.jpg
    20210825_073837.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 406
  • 20210825_073813.jpg
    20210825_073813.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 403
  • 20210825_073800.jpg
    20210825_073800.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 407
Well she won’t fall off Doc :D

Hope your lady gets her pillion mojo back, the best bit of biking for me is sharing it with wifey :thumb

Cheers pal. That's what we bought the RT for. Few tears first ride on it. Worried about hurting her back again.

Doc.
My main motivation for switching from GS to RT was to make long trips more comfortable for my wife.
We took the RT down to the Algarve (via Santandare) and she really enjoyed the comfort - I got told to leave her alone when trying to converse on the intercom because she was busy listening to her taking book and I was interrupting it!

What I do notice on long trips now compared with the old days, is how detached the pillion is from the journey. On a post graduation (1987) 6 week trip around Europe on the GSX750 Ann dealt with the navigation using paper maps, meaning that she had to watch where we were, looking ahead for junctions etc. Nowadays, the SatNav deals with all of that stress, meaning Ann has no role to play in the journey.

I fitted a USB power socket on the rear so Ann has power for the iPhone, which combined with the PacTalk and conductive finger ends on her gloves means she retreats into her own world!

Good luck with the new RT.

So far so good. Just done 115 miles without stopping which for me is good plus i can tell i don't smoke anymore. The bike can be hustled along foe such a big bike. Its def not a boring bike to ride but i don't think any bike is boring.
No issues with the sat nav so far.

So bike booked in for it's first service which I managed to get because I am waiting on a tail can. I asked if the TFT would be updated. I was told they would only update if there was a issue as they would not be reimbursed by BMW if there wasn't so I said there was.
What's that about though not updating if there is one.

Some guys on the LOA RT forum say that the update is out.....I haven't heard anything from BMW yet though.

Some guys on the LOA RT forum say that the update is out.....I haven't heard anything from BMW yet though.

I will know on Monday. Plus that is if they do it.
Wonder how much it is if you have to pay to get it done.

Sorry - I meant the BMWLT forum RT section of course....

and you certainly shouldn't have to pay

I’ve got it on my F900xr it’s now fitted as standard to most BMW bikes download the app and you can see where your bike is, see how many miles it’s done whilst in for service. I think first year is free and subsequently £109 per year,
https://www.datatool.co.uk/datatoolstealthbiketracking/

User guide
https://app.datatool.co.uk/pdf/TrakKINGAdventureUserGuide.pdf

Bike is in for a service. Garage picked the bike and had a call from Scorpion tracking from Datatool saying my back was on the move without the ignition on.
Got to say I'm impressed with the service.

Doc.
My main motivation for switching from GS to RT was to make long trips more comfortable for my wife.
We took the RT down to the Algarve (via Santandare) and she really enjoyed the comfort - I got told to leave her alone when trying to converse on the intercom because she was busy listening to her taking book and I was interrupting it!

What I do notice on long trips now compared with the old days, is how detached the pillion is from the journey. On a post graduation (1987) 6 week trip around Europe on the GSX750 Ann dealt with the navigation using paper maps, meaning that she had to watch where we were, looking ahead for junctions etc. Nowadays, the SatNav deals with all of that stress, meaning Ann has no role to play in the journey.

I fitted a USB power socket on the rear so Ann has power for the iPhone, which combined with the PacTalk and conductive finger ends on her gloves means she retreats into her own world!

Good luck with the new RT.

Love it! My wife and I toured on a ST13 Pan for 11 years before I moved across to the RT, chosen for 2 reasons -
1) I'm old and have buggered shoulders
2) It's 8 stone lighter (told you I was old)

Disliking topboxes I fitted a Sargent backrest so my wife can nod off on the back, but generally she chats/sings as we travel, particularly on motorways when it gets boring. I hadn't (and won't) suggest she listens to an audible book or she'll get totally immersed in it and I won't have that extra set of eyes looking out for us, particularly useful on the really winding stuff where you're working on the bend and she can look all around and up to see what's coming down at us.

Thanks to Covid we haven't managed to tour on the RT yet but we're making plans for June in Greece next year. What I'm not looking forward to is the damn paperwork - entry forms/Covid test appointments, Passenger Locator Forms, so hope it gets easier next year! ,

Love it! My wife and I toured on a ST13 Pan for 11 years before I moved across to the RT, chosen for 2 reasons -
1) I'm old and have buggered shoulders
2) It's 8 stone lighter (told you I was old)

Disliking topboxes I fitted a Sargent backrest so my wife can nod off on the back, but generally she chats/sings as we travel, particularly on motorways when it gets boring. I hadn't (and won't) suggest she listens to an audible book or she'll get totally immersed in it and I won't have that extra set of eyes looking out for us, particularly useful on the really winding stuff where you're working on the bend and she can look all around and up to see what's coming down at us.

Thanks to Covid we haven't managed to tour on the RT yet but we're making plans for June in Greece next year. What I'm not looking forward to is the damn paperwork - entry forms/Covid test appointments, Passenger Locator Forms, so hope it gets easier next year! ,

Once you get your head around the extra paperwork it’s not to bad. We brought our ‘to return ‘ tests with us along with the numbers for the day 2 post return tests.We are in France now . Just have to remember to use them within 72 hrs of getting back and fill in the passenger locator form.

Without turning this into a holiday thread, I can tell you that I think the forms/paperwork etc will be here for quite some time yet. Having travelled abroad in recent months by plane and on the bike, it is simple. It’s all written and spoke about on the net in such a massively confused way, that it’s putting people off going. Next year when it calms down and people do travel ,I bet prices and demand will be huge.so just get away when you can. Nothing to worry about at all.

Doc, hope you got that TFT updated ok

Without turning this into a holiday thread, I can tell you that I think the forms/paperwork etc will be here for quite some time yet. Having travelled abroad in recent months by plane and on the bike, it is simple. It’s all written and spoke about on the net in such a massively confused way, that it’s putting people off going. Next year when it calms down and people do travel ,I bet prices and demand will be huge.so just get away when you can. Nothing to worry about at all.

Well at least for another few weeks till half term, government plans to scrap it then on this mornings news https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/expensive-covid-pcr-tests-set-24964541

Yes updated ok.
I was supposed to be going to Malta tomorrow to ride a bike up to Paris but cancelled it.

New Tailpipe has arrived after a long wait.

Attachments

• 20211004_102300.jpg
    20211004_102300.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 411
  • 20211004_102521.jpg
    20211004_102521.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 407

Back
Top Bottom