And fitted. I think it looks good.

Attachments

• 20211005_091307.jpg
    20211005_091307.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 594
  • 20211005_091343.jpg
    20211005_091343.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 589
Anyone found a stockist for a front fender extender ? I cannot find one.
cheers

I’m potentially going to do a deal on a new 1250 RT LE model this week. However none of the bikes the 2 dealers I’ve been to have bikes with the ACC fitted. They say that they have no idea when bikes with ACC will be available again. I would like to buy the bike now for a trip to Germany in June but I could wait if I had to. However obviously never having had ACC on my bikes before I’m not sure if it’s worth waiting for. For those of you who have it would you say it’s an absolute must have and you would wait until it’s available? Also do you think not having it would affect resale prices in 3 to 4 years when it’s time to change?

I’m potentially going to do a deal on a new 1250 RT LE model this week. However none of the bikes the 2 dealers I’ve been to have bikes with the ACC fitted. They say that they have no idea when bikes with ACC will be available again. I would like to buy the bike now for a trip to Germany in June but I could wait if I had to. However obviously never having had ACC on my bikes before I’m not sure if it’s worth waiting for. For those of you who have it would you say it’s an absolute must have and you would wait until it’s available? Also do you think not having it would affect resale prices in 3 to 4 years when it’s time to change?

I would say its not a must have. Mine has it though along with everything else including the SOS thing which for some reason i did not have a choice on.
Not sure why not having it would affect resale value.

Personally I hate ACC on cars 90% of the time, it’s only any use in heavy traffic and preferably with an auto box, otherwise it’s just a pain in the arse

It’s the last thing I’d want on a bike even though I like my normal cruise control, but that’s just my opinion

Can’t see it having any effect on resale price, especially if you trade it

I don't have ACC in my car but don't think I have ever used cruise control on my car or bike on UK roads. Just too much going on traffic wise (which ironically is exactly what ACC is meant to help with). Use it on European motorways though.

Would no doubt be trading the bike at a dealer when the time comes

Had it on past cars, avoid like the plague now. And with a manual gearbox all I can imagine is it will be a complete PITA.

I have ACC in my car, its ok. Don't have it on my 1250 and not having it, wouldn't be a deal breaker. I have read on other forums you can retro fit, so that might be an option if you really want it.

RTLC mirror cover

Anyone know how to replace the mirror cover on an RT-LC ? Mine is scraped.

TIA

Picking up a new 2022 1250RT tomorrow. Can someone please let me know what the latest software version for the TFT should be. Thanks

The one most have (and which seems to work for me) is 012.008.040 , although according to BMWLT forum there may have been yet another update out last Thursday.

Having had the RT for a few months now I’ve realised how little the dealer actually knew about the bike.

He couldn’t link the WiFi when I picked it up, told me the oil level was TFT monitored which it isn’t.
Even the mechanic didn’t know the bike had a WiFi connection.

The sales manager has left the business and been replaced by another who only knows about cars.

Doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Hi Paul,

Long time no-see mate:beerjug:

I've just hit retirement and am looking at a new R1250RT as a mid-life gift to myself, to complement my old R1150GS. Can I ask, which dealer did you use - I'm assuming M&P Cardiff?

My son-in-law has always used Bahnstormer in Hampshire (he lives nearby) and gives only good reviews, I'm thinking of doing the same and using this as an excuse for a stop-over when service time arrives, just to annoy my daughter :beer:

That being said I took an RT out yesterday for a test from M&P Cardiff and found Richard Grace (site manager) to be excellent - very helpful and knowlegable. I went down just to see and sit on one, he insisted that I take out their demonstrator.

I loved the RT ... it blew my tits off.

Since this has been resurrected just a note to say the current firmware version is 50 ;)

I had mine updated at M&P Cardiff a couple of days ago, I asked for an RE Classic 350 as a loaner while it was being done overnight. Great little bike apart from the impossible gear shift, which the sales guy said couldn't be adjusted - I subsequently learned that it can be, you just have to drop a section of the frame to do it. At least one of the mechanics I spoke to the next day when I returned it knew that.....

They do seem to have some sort of issue with sales people in the BMW side - there have been at least 3 since they opened, and the latest guy appears to have been moved across to HD at short notice....don't know what that's all about.

Oh how I miss Riders....

They do seem to have some sort of issue with sales people in the BMW side - there have been at least 3 since they opened, and the latest guy appears to have been moved across to HD at short notice....don't know what that's all about.

Oh how I miss Riders....

I miss Rydales, when there was such a thing.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably go with Bahnstormers.

Hi Paul,

Long time no-see mate:beerjug:

I've just hit retirement and am looking at a new R1250RT as a mid-life gift to myself, to complement my old R1150GS. Can I ask, which dealer did you use - I'm assuming M&P Cardiff?

My son-in-law has always used Bahnstormer in Hampshire (he lives nearby) and gives only good reviews, I'm thinking of doing the same and using this as an excuse for a stop-over when service time arrives, just to annoy my daughter :beer:

That being said I took an RT out yesterday for a test from M&P Cardiff and found Richard Grace (site manager) to be excellent - very helpful and knowlegable. I went down just to see and sit on one, he insisted that I take out their demonstrator.

I loved the RT ... it blew my tits off.

Hi Dave,

It's been a while!
Congrats on your retirement, It's very underated :).

Yes M&P, I tried Cotswold and Dick Lovett in Bristol but M&P had the best deal money wise.
When it comes to changing it I will test the waters further afield, Bahnstormers being on the list.

To be honest the service department at M&P has been very good, I've always dealt with Greg whose done a great job.
I'm not a big fan of the sales manager on the BMW side.

I love the RT its been a great bike but not without it's minor issues which are mainly minor irritations.

The Software development and updates was a pain but appears to be far more stable now from the -40 update (Currently latest-50 I believe)
Self cancelling indictaors are the work of the devil so I had them set back to fully manual.

It's a big bird but slow speed handling is brilliant.

I've still got my 2003 GS so it fills in when the RT needs a day off.

You won't be dissaponted with the RT.

Back
Top Bottom