R1250RT

I have owned 5 RTs, currently I have a 2019 1250. I also look after a fleet of 1250 RT Blood Bikes, which cover a lot of mileage. First thing to mention as you know, if things do go wrong then you have the excellent warranty.

So faults on the bikes I have owned and our fleet are:

Corrosion - fleet bikes and sorted under warranty
Exhaust flap - they are still sticking, all our bikes including mine have had new headers. This isn't sorted.
SOS Button - I had a fault on my own bike with the SOS function, bit of a pain to get fixed during lockdown, but fixed 2 years ago, all good now.

Apart from the above, nothing but routine servicing.

Thank you for that. Very helpful.
I have read elsewhere about the exhaust flaps failing.
How do you know when this happens? What are the symptoms?

Thank you for that. Very helpful.
I have read elsewhere about the exhaust flaps failing.
How do you know when this happens? What are the symptoms?

Loads of info on here, same problem with the GS. Basically on the 1250s you will get an orange engine warning light. On 1200s you don't know unless the ecu is interrogated. They nearly always stick open. But if under warranty don't worry about it.

Loads of info on here, same problem with the GS. Basically on the 1250s you will get an orange engine warning light. On 1200s you don't know unless the ecu is interrogated. They nearly always stick open. But if under warranty don't worry about it.

Thanks, but what happens to the bike when the flap sticks open, apart from the orange light?
If I was on Tour could I ignore the orange light and carry on as if nothing had happened?

Thanks, but what happens to the bike when the flap sticks open, apart from the orange light?
If I was on Tour could I ignore the orange light and carry on as if nothing had happened?

Worry about red lights

Not so much about amber lights

The bike will run fine with it stuck open. Mine is wide open with the servo and cables disconnected and with a healtech Exhaust servo eliminator module fitted

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/ese/

Nothing, the flap is for exhaust noise emissions only (there are those who say it is connected to engine emissions) So as above, if it is stuck and out of warranty get the light cancelled and fit a servo buddy

The only thing I would add regarding the amber warning light (my 2019 1250 stuck, so far my 2021 hasn't - kiss of death) is that, unless you confirm that it is the flap, you don't know for sure what the light is indicating. As said above, the bike will run fine with the flap stuck open, but until that is confirmed to be the cause one does suffer some mild anxiety the first time the light comes on....

anyone selling a sports short screen (21 plate)
also spotlight bracket.

I’m considering an RT to replace my two month old GSA which was stolen in London last week. Any thoughts on using one as a commuter? Is the width an issue with the panniers fitted?

I’ve booked a test ride for next week at Arden BMW.

Thanks

The panniers are about an inch wider than the handlebars if memory serves. I've happily filtered when touring with them on but not sure I'd risk regular commuting with them - expensive items!

I’m considering an RT to replace my two month old GSA which was stolen in London last week. Any thoughts on using one as a commuter? Is the width an issue with the panniers fitted?

I’ve booked a test ride for next week at Arden BMW.

Thanks
Filter all the time, my thoughts if its too narrow for an RT, then I'm not filtering. Unless on a trip, I mostly use the top box and leave the panniers off, but if the front goes through the rest will

Thanks gents that’s what I thought. Just seems a shame that I have to pay £££ for the top box and will rarely use the pannier’s!!

I’m also looking at the R NineT …..

Thanks gents that’s what I thought. Just seems a shame that I have to pay £££ for the top box and will rarely use the pannier’s!!

I’m also looking at the R NineT …..
I am using the top box I had on my 2014 bike. I had it sprayed and locks keyed to my 1250

I am using the top box I had on my 2014 bike. I had it sprayed and locks keyed to my 1250
I am using the top-box from my 2005 RT - also sprayed and keyed to my 2019 RT.
I will not pay £1000 for the convenience of central locking. I concede that the "electric" boxes can be sold for a tidy sum on Fleabay when no longer required.

I am using the top-box from my 2005 RT - also sprayed and keyed to my 2019 RT.
I will not pay £1000 for the convenience of central locking. I concede that the "electric" boxes can be sold for a tidy sum on Fleabay when no longer required.
Is that an extra the central locking ? mine has it but not sure if i payed extra for it.

Is that an extra the central locking ? mine has it but not sure if i payed extra for it.
Think the LE comes with central locking. My top box was off a 2014 LE so connected straight up to my 1250

Back
Top Bottom