Motorbike Insurance in Canada

SynchroGS

Reaction score
Hi all!

I’ve recently moved to Toronto from the UK and having had a water cooled GSA previously I want to buy another here.

If there is anyone else here from Ontario do you have any recommendations regarding insurance brokers or companies please?

Thanks

Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i thought in Canada , the State , was the main insurance provider , cos insurance got too expensive , so they took it over.
but i may be wrong.

Thanks Khulu, I’ll look them up. I’ve tried a couple of brokers but holy cow it’s expensive!

We were all set to move to Toronto in 2009 but the financial crisis scuppered our plans

You will probably have to start from scratch with insurance, as in 0 no claims history, I’m pretty sure our friends who live in Vancouver even had to retake their driving tests to get their licenses, hubby didn’t retake his bike license, just car

Toronto may be different, I can’t remember

We were all set to move to Toronto in 2009 but the financial crisis scuppered our plans

You will probably have to start from scratch with insurance, as in 0 no claims history, I’m pretty sure our friends who live in Vancouver even had to retake their driving tests to get their licenses, hubby didn’t retake his bike license, just car

Toronto may be different, I can’t remember

Good to know, thank you. I’m here now but a lot of the info is conflicting so I’m off to DriveTest next week, which is the Ministry of Transport regional office, so things should be a little clearer regarding the licence situation.
You’re right about no claims though, my 9 years+ counts for zero!

Good to know, thank you. I’m here now but a lot of the info is conflicting so I’m off to DriveTest next week, which is the Ministry of Transport regional office, so things should be a little clearer regarding the licence situation.
You’re right about no claims though, my 9 years+ counts for zero!

We were fine for one year but then had to take tests (written and actual) for both bike and car.

Back
Top Bottom