Bike Camera?

47steve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have just returned from a trip around the North West of Scotland and had some good weather along with the scenery and has prompted me to invest in a camera.

I do have a Roadhawk Bullet on the bike but this is set to a continuous loop system.

I am looking for advise on an additional camera that I can fix to the bike and run off the bikes power rather than the cameras.

I would also like to have a handlebar mount in which I can turn on / off when required.

Any suggestions?

TA Steve:beerjug:

I have just returned from a trip around the North West of Scotland and had some good weather along with the scenery and has prompted me to invest in a camera.

I do have a Roadhawk Bullet on the bike but this is set to a continuous loop system.

I am looking for advise on an additional camera that I can fix to the bike and run off the bikes power rather than the cameras.

I would also like to have a handlebar mount in which I can turn on / off when required.

Any suggestions?

TA Steve:beerjug:

I have a dual camera setup that I got from AliExpress (VSYS P6FL I believe) so far its worked well but doesn't have an on/off switch on the bars option as far as I know. Other systems are available like the Innov K2

I’ve just had an Innovv K3 fitted and it’s quite impressive. Recommend a look as it has front rear and the remote control.

One feature that dissuaded me from the K5 was the rail toon is so high it munches up storage. The K3 images seem very good.

I have a dual camera setup that I got from AliExpress (VSYS P6FL I believe) so far its worked well but doesn't have an on/off switch on the bars option as far as I know. Other systems are available like the Innov K2

I have one from Aliexpress too but mine came with a GPS module plus the wired remote switch that allows you to switch it off and back on again. It's similar to this one

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32831...7a404b3dda30f1048818b65b0f113f0b852e1c&gclid=

I have one from Aliexpress to but mine came with a GPS module plus the wired remote switch that allows you to switch it off and back on again. It's similar to this one ut the cameras look slightly different

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32831...7a404b3dda30f1048818b65b0f113f0b852e1c&gclid=

I have the same but the wired remote is for marking important footage, not turning the device on & off as far as I know. Why you'd turn it off I don't know as you can guarantee as soon as turned it off some tw@t would wipe you out and you'd need the footage.

I have the same but the wired remote is for marking important footage, not turning the device on & off as far as I know. Why you'd turn it off I don't know as you can guarantee as soon as turned it off some tw@t would wipe you out and you'd need the footage.

I haven't used the remote button itself other than to check the unit is recording by the flashing light on it but I remember reading that 1 quick push on mine takes a still where as a longer press turns it on or off. If the op is interested I'll find the instruction manual out and confirm or otherwise:beerjug:

I haven't used the remote button itself other than to check the unit is recording by the flashing light on it but I remember reading that 1 quick push on mine takes a still where as a longer press turns it on or off. If the op is interested I'll find the instruction manual out and confirm or otherwise:beerjug:

Yes, if you could check this out for me?

TA Steve

In the original post I state that I have a Roadhawk that is on a continuous loop for obvious reasons.

TA Steve

Yes, if you could check this out for me?

TA Steve

I've checked what happens on the bike as the instructions were a bit confusing as in 1 table it says it switches the unit on/off but the more detailed notes said it only turns the wifi on and off. Watching what actually happens on the bike holding down the button for a long time only turns the wifi off/on not the unit itself. Sorry for any confusion.

If you buy a cheap camera you will get poor results. I use a couple of Gopro Hero 9's and the picture quality and reliability is great, however the customer service should you need it is shite. DRIFT cameras are okay, but unreliable as the 4K one in particular often freezes rendering the camera useless and occasionally a loss of footage. Rather than powering the camera from the bike, I would suggest that you use a power bank stored in for example a small tank bag. I use a 256GB card with a 10000mah power bank. The memory card gives me just over 7 hours of constant filming ability leaving lots of power left in the power bank.

If you buy a cheap camera you will get poor results. I use a couple of Gopro Hero 9's and the picture quality and reliability is great, however the customer service should you need it is shite. DRIFT cameras are okay, but unreliable as the 4K one in particular often freezes rendering the camera useless and occasionally a loss of footage. Rather than powering the camera from the bike, I would suggest that you use a power bank stored in for example a small tank bag. I use a 256GB card with a 10000mah power bank. The memory card gives me just over 7 hours of constant filming ability leaving lots of power left in the power bank.

Do any of the GOPRO'S allow for hard wiring? also do they allow for an independent switch?

TA Steve

I've checked what happens on the bike as the instructions were a bit confusing as in 1 table it says it switches the unit on/off but the more detailed notes said it only turns the wifi on and off. Watching what actually happens on the bike holding down the button for a long time only turns the wifi off/on not the unit itself. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks for the reply.

TA Steve

Do any of the GOPRO'S allow for hard wiring? also do they allow for an independent switch?

TA Steve

If you put the GoPro in a media mod you can plug a micro usb lead in and additional mic if required. Not sure about the switch but I don’t see why you couldn’t put a relay switch in.

Hi Joe
Does the K3 require the scansmart or can it be installed without ?…

Hi Joe
Does the K3 require the scansmart or can it be installed without ?…

No it does not it is wired standalone. Having said that mine has been fitted so badly that I have a brilliant auto electrician coming this week to remove it and reinstall and he will be using a feed from the cansmart so that it can retain power for a small amount of time after switching off.

I

What you could do is put one of these in the switched power feed to the power unit for the vsys and simply use that to switch it on and off while you ride? I use one for the non BMW aux lights I have and they work fine. If you don't want to go to the trouble of trying to find a switched live or use a hexezecan etc you could use the aux socket to provide the power as that's a switched live.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universa...-/274453287934?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Back
Top Bottom