Another early paraleve GS rebuilt & back on road

Grantiii

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I bought this from a very nice chap on this forum who lived in the 'Effluent Sarf'.... in December.
Bought it as excellent base for a rebuild, as already had...
Enduralast 450W single phase alternator + ign kit
Tall 5th gear
Motorworks rebuildable driveshaft
GPS Speedo, with Tacho
As new rear adj shock
Tank just painted .... very well
Stripped to bare frame, which was powder coated, assembled with loads stainless fasteners, all new bearings.
Big thanks to MIKEYBOY who rebuilt final drive, gearbox, cyl heads. Did a Great Job of vapour blasting all of above, barrels & paralever, in which he fitted the Motorworks bronze bushes. Can't reccomend him enough 👍👍
I mounted a black plastic box next to battery with fuses & a relay, energised when ign on. This feeds all extras, including genuine BMW heated grips, Zumo 660 cradle & cig lighter socket mounted beneath.
Wheels rebuilt with SS spokes & polished rims c/o MB again !!
Bought a bargain pair of s/h Hepco & Becker panniers for £130 from Germany, then very expensive new frames, so should be good for the odd adventure here & there !!
Really enjoyed the assembly, loads garage time cost a bloody fortune, but looks the part & should give me years of fun, feels so much smaller & lighter than my 1200 twin cam.
Hopefully can attach a few pics....

Attachments

• 20210626_143016.jpg
    20210626_143016.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 492
  • 20210626_165849.jpg
    20210626_165849.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 493
  • 20210626_165924.jpg
    20210626_165924.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 486
  • 20210626_104511.jpg
    20210626_104511.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 494
An amazing journey Ian. So hard to get a restoration right without overdoing it and you have cracked it with your 800 paralever.
Cosmetics, electrics and mechanics sorted and now just Yorkshire and beyond to explore! Enjoy every ride
David

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk

That looks great Ian

Where did you get the powder coating done?

cheers

simon

Lovely job.

Obviously it's very subjective, but to me that's just about as pretty a GS as was ever made. I really like that.

Thanks for the crackin comments Chaps... have done a few earlier Boxers, but I think the Paralever GSs are in a differant league !!

Nice bike, but the front mudguard is not mounted correctly. It’s sitting too high. I guess it’s got a thick fork brace under it ?

Bike should really have high mudguard....
I fitted the later low one to try keep front eng case clean.
The bike had a very substantial ally fork brace, as you suggested.... which I wanted to keep....

Looks like a great job!

Have to get the old shed out for a ride along with you and Sim one night.:beerjug:

Always happy for a ride out.......one I recover from my broken ankle! Dangerous running. Should be ok any time after beginning of August

I mounted a black plastic box next to battery with fuses & a relay, energised when ign on. This feeds all extras, including genuine BMW heated grips, Zumo 660 cradle & cig lighter socket mounted beneath.

Any chance of an idiot's guide to this? Idiot as in me! :D The rat's nest of wiring around my battery is starting to bug me.

Back
Top Bottom