V9 Bobber

FatAl

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone here own one, ridden one, know anybody with one? I'm wondering if one of these may scratch my Guzzi itch rather than the V7. The V9 apparently has a lowish seat, highish handlebars, a light clutch , and in the right colour looks OK.

Opinions sought :)

Aye, thanks. I've watched a few Youtube reviews and the comments re the handling are positive, it's not a sports bike so I'm not expecting too much.

I was having another look at a new V7 today (Rochdale Honda now have a franchise) for me the handle bars need to be a bit higher, but there doesn't seem to be enough slack for the wires cables on the left side. I was considering some 20mm risers but I'm not sure there's enough give. That's why I was considering the V9 Bobber, I prefer it's looks to that of the Roamer with the 19inch front wheel.

If you want a Guzzi experience, why not look for a nice low mileage 1100 Breva. Much cheaper and a better Guzzi experience in my view.

I rode a Breva several years ago, if memory serves me right the clutch may be too heavy for me these days.

On the recent V7 test rides I found the cable operated clutch fairly light (though not as light as my CB500X) and I thinking the V9 may be similar.

The 1100 Breva clutch is hydraulic..light as a feather. Best Guzzi I have ever owned...why I sold it I have no idea. Will definitely get another at some point.

Both of my Stelvios had hydraulic clutches, I think they were heavy compared to my CB500x and Bonny T120.

I had a used V9 on order from Fowler’s in Bristol. It had some problems on the pdi, now rectified which meant I couldn’t have it. Great people to deal with and the bike looked lovely. Fowler’s do a 12 month warranty too. Sub 6k with under 4K miles.

What issues did it have? Have you now decided against a V9? Ideally I'd like something nearer to home.

Apologies, I've only just seen your reply! Better late than never I suppose!

A seal between engine and gearbox had gone, so when they fired it up, it apparently dumped oil all over the workshop. A full engine out job by all accounts. It's now up for sale again, but poor that a bike with such low mileage had developed such a catastrophic fault.

Sent from my LE2120 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your belated reply. :D I've since bought a Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor.

Back
Top Bottom