Biker accommodation in Scotland ?

batman1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I’m looking for single night stays in or close to Ullapool, Thurso and Grantown on Spey areas.

There will be just one night required in each stop, to include or be close enough to walk out for dinner.

Hotels or B&B’s with reasonably secure or at least off road parking, any recommendations would be very welcome please.

I’m going in three weeks.

Thank you :thumb2

We tend to just use Booking.com

Enter the region and parking needs etc and Bob's your Aunty.

Never had any issue in Scotland

I normally do use Booking.com and will do in this case if nothing else pops up, I just thought that I’d ask the question, see if anyone knew of a little biker-gem that they wanted to share.

Thanks Kirby, that’s just the kind of thing I mean.:thumb2

Kirby, that looks a very nice b&b thank you, do they do a dinner option?

Like Cabby said ...

If you're going in 3 weeks, you'll be lucky to get anything at all at this notice! Get on one of the bnb or hotel sites asap and start calling around!

Like Cabby said ...

If you're going in 3 weeks, you'll be lucky to get anything at all at this notice! Get on one of the bnb or hotel sites asap and start calling around!

Thanks Pete, If you listen to the news there is nothing available due to NW 500, however if you go on the booking sites there appears to be plenty, I only asked on here cos it’s always nice to have tosser recommendation!

Thanks Pete, If you listen to the news there is nothing available due to NW 500, however if you go on the booking sites there appears to be plenty, I only asked on here cos it’s always nice to have tosser recommendation!

That's fine but don't faff about once you've got a few. Scottish schools are already on holiday and once the rUK schools come out, the world and its aunty will be heading north!

I was up there last week for 7 days, i booked only 3 of them nights.
although i didnt stay near your location.

I stayed at Crakaig Loth Campsite in Helmsdale on the east coast, then at Sango Sands Oasis at Durness, then a long day round the NC500 and over to Riverside Chalets and Caravan Park at Strathpeffer
that last trip from Durness to Strathpeffer i messed up the length of my journey and ended up arriving at 7.30.
the single track roads are 60mph speed limits, but in truth you will be doing 25mph most of the time, so your ETA on a sat nav is way off!!

Sites seems to have plenty of space, i just looked on google and found a site, called and set off.
had no problems, the owners were all really nice as were the sites themselves

Enjoy your trip
PS
Top tip: DONT stay near Loch Lomond.... some evil bastard has cross bred piranha with midges!!!
i stayed there on the way up and was itching for 3 days after.

That's fine but don't faff about once you've got a few. Scottish schools are already on holiday and once the rUK schools come out, the world and its aunty will be heading north!

Pete, comments noted all will be booked by this evening :thumb

I was up there last week for 7 days, i booked only 3 of them nights.
although i didnt stay near your location.

I stayed at Crakaig Loth Campsite in Helmsdale on the east coast, then at Sango Sands Oasis at Durness, then a long day round the NC500 and over to Riverside Chalets and Caravan Park at Strathpeffer
that last trip from Durness to Strathpeffer i messed up the length of my journey and ended up arriving at 7.30.
the single track roads are 60mph speed limits, but in truth you will be doing 25mph most of the time, so your ETA on a sat nav is way off!!

Sites seems to have plenty of space, i just looked on google and found a site, called and set off.
had no problems, the owners were all really nice as were the sites themselves

Enjoy your trip
PS
Top tip: DONT stay near Loch Lomond.... some evil bastard has cross bred piranha with midges!!!
i stayed there on the way up and was itching for 3 days after.

Barnoe, you mention those average speeds being low, I’m wondering if I’m slightly pushing it on my first day from Callander to Ullapool, what do you reckon, I’m going via Fort Augustus ?

Barnoe, you mention those average speeds being low, I’m wondering if I’m slightly pushing it on my first day from Callander to Ullapool, what do you reckon, I’m going via Fort Augustus ?

If you want to go via the west coast route, (Dornie, Applecross, Sheildaig, Torridon etc), them's long, long miles! However, if you go via Loch Ness, Drumnadrochit, Beauly, Contin and the A835, the miles may not be much less but they are quite a bit shorter! :D

Actually, the miles are x2 by the west coast! Plus the roads are more demanding. It would be a shame to miss them mind!

Back
Top Bottom