Touratech UK

By-Tor

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Over 2 weeks ago I ordered the GPS bracket for my 850GSA off the touratech.co.uk website and paid via PayPal. The invoice was emailed 3 days later from Germany and billed in Euros. The original delivery estimate was 5-7 days. It hasn’t arrived, I don’t know the courier or tracking number. The 3 companies listed on the TT Uk website are only agents and can’t help. The listed UK phone number goes to a German voicemail and they haven’t answered my email to the UK email address.
Anyone else having problems with them?

Yes, I’ve always bought TT stuff via my local BMW dealer who no longer stocks their stuff.

touratech are they still a thing..? thought they went bust....?

I’ve emailed TT Germany see what they say. I’ve always got PayPal I can put a dispute into them and I think we might have a trading standards issue.

An update, my second email to touratech.de has resulted in a despatch advice from DHL Germany and a tracking number. Still not a word from TT though!

The German company also went bust, but was revived.

why...? outdated company living in the past making paper catalogues in a digital age, should be encouraged to slip silently into the night and not return....

I took'em to court in 2010 and they settled out of court with me, which suggests I was right.

That was Nick Plumb's UK company which went to the wall in December 2019

IIRC - Nick's did not, TT DE did and pulled the plug on UK dealers, opening up their own uk website instead but then allowing Nick and another in the north to have a lower stock range.
Statement was issued at the time.

IIRC - Nick's did not, TT DE did and pulled the plug on UK dealers, opening up their own uk website instead but then allowing Nick and another in the north to have a lower stock range.
Statement was issued at the time.

Touratech Limited - Company #04143134 - director Nicky Steven Plumb - liquidated December 2019 owing:

• £145k to HMRC
  • £330k to 15 other creditors

the technical term for him escapes me, but folks told me they'd rather cross the street than do business with him.

Touratech Limited - Company #04143134 - director Nicky Steven Plumb - liquidated December 2019 owing:

• £145k to HMRC
  • £330k to 15 other creditors

OK - just going by what I remember form the time as TT DE pulled the plug on him and many others when they announced their "restructure"
Nick is still in the same place and trading.

TTUK were always a shambles and didn't deserve to stay in business.

AFAICS as soon as UK customers got their farkles on the same terms as German customers they went to the wall.

TTUK were always a shambles and didn't deserve to stay in business.

AFAICS as soon as UK customers got their farkles on the same terms as German customers they went to the wall.

When I was still buying TT stuff, it was far quicker and easier to buy from Germany.

Back
Top Bottom