Help - Looking for a decent garage for GS work Fife?

KingLurcher

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just finished my first venture into GS mechanics , rather chuffed to have fixed the fuel pump issue and a few other bits and got back on the road. Now have a knocking / rattle from the gearbox and think i need some expertise. Can anyone recommend a garage close to Fife?

The bike still drives fine however its a new noise and doesnt sound pretty.

- I know there is a BMW dealer in Dundee however have had mixed reports and am looking for options -

Thanks

Whauraboots in Fife are you? I do have a friend in Freuchie who used to be the only guy in Scotland who was approved by Moto Guzzi to rebuild gearboxes.
He also used to service my Bee Emms and many others but he's kind of otherwise occupied these days. However, he might be willing to give you an opinion.

Failing that, I've just booked my GS in with Central Customs, run by Calum Baker who was a tech with Motorrad Central in Dalkeith for 10 years.

https://www.centralcustoms.co.uk

Thanks Schtum , I am in Freuchie too and yes i know the guy you mean , he has been very helpful with advice and put me in touch with the K75s i also own , but as you say is busy with other commitments . Thanks for suggesting Central , good to know!

Thanks Schtum , I am in Freuchie too and yes i know the guy you mean , he has been very helpful with advice and put me in touch with the K75s i also own , but as you say is busy with other commitments . Thanks for suggesting Central , good to know!

Ahh yes, ok. I remember when Ian sourced the K75S for you. It's this one, isn't it? Ex Coolcarbon. Taken chez Coolcarbon, 7th August 2018 with Ian in the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_3046.jpg
    IMG_3046.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 137

Back
Top Bottom