UKGSERs, could you support the Special Boat Service Association?

Jeremy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Fellow UKGSERs

In September, at the seasoned age of 53, I will take part in my first triathlon, raising funds for the Special Boat Service Association (SBSA). This involves a 1.5km ship-to-shore swim, a 14km assault-style cliff run, and a 30km cycle.

The SBSA has been in existence as a charitable organisation for the past 18 years and provides discreet welfare, physical and emotional support to serving and retired members of the Special Boat Service (SBS). The SBS is the special forces unit of the Royal Navy and can trace its origins back to the Second World War when the Army Special Boat Section was formed in 1940.

Due to the nature of the SBS, the SBSA cannot make a public appeal and therefore depends on the generosity of those individuals and organisations that appreciate and respect the extraordinary role that the SBS is fulfilling. As an Honorary Member of the SBSA, I have seen first-hand the significant impact these donations make in supporting these brave operators and their families.

Link to the Fantastic Four fundraising website
Link to The Trident video

Your support would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

Nice one Jeremey - That picture on your fundraising page is my local beach, Seatown, with Golden Cap in the background. Hats off to you if you’re running that coast.

I’m just off there for a swim :D

Nice one Jeremey - That picture on your fundraising page is my local beach, Seatown, with Golden Cap in the background. Hats off to you if you’re running that coast.

Thanks Wreford. I am finding the swim challenging having not been in a pool for almost a year. I'm up to 2/3 distance in the pool and I'm off to Cornwall next week for a week of open swimming. I have cracked floating though so hopefully wind and tide will get me to the finish of the first stretch.

Wreford you're a fortunate bloke living there, have been a couple of times on holiday. In fact I've got a caravan booked for there in September.

Wreford you're a fortunate bloke living there, have been a couple of times on holiday. In fact I've got a caravan booked for there in September.

Thank you…We do pinch ourselves each day, lovely light and a smooth sea for our swim this evening

And if you see a chap in shorts on a white Vespa in September, that’s me

Attachments

• 0D927F69-348A-4E66-A941-28AB50F43C2E.jpg
    0D927F69-348A-4E66-A941-28AB50F43C2E.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 286
Thanks Wreford. I am finding the swim challenging having not been in a pool for almost a year. I'm up to 2/3 distance in the pool and I'm off to Cornwall next week for a week of open swimming. I have cracked floating though so hopefully wind and tide will get me to the finish of the first stretch.

Where do you swim ashore and run - If its local I may come and cheer or shout tosser or something

Where do you swim ashore and run - If its local I may come and cheer or shout tosser or something
I’m sure you will understand about security and me being able to share location specifics given the charity. Actually it is the biggest challenge we face having to be under the radar. Our major fund raiser was Army v Navy boxing in London and we could raise £1mn on the night. Two years of no boxing are being felt which is why we are offering new experiences such as the Trident.

But, if you see a grey haired and bearded pissed off Norn Irish man in a wetsuit crawling along the Purbeck shore complaining about chaff, that will be me. Mind you, the thought of hearing you shout “move your arse you Tosser” would be strangely inspirational.

Cash from a complete stranger is amazing, cheers TwoUpTourer.
No problem at all.. I know its a VERY good cause and needs supporting... Thank you for taking on such a challenge...

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Donation made; best of luck Jeremy.
The sad thing is that you have to run events like this because succesive governments routinely turn their backs on those who serve. Happy to help those who volunteer to stand in harm's way so I don't have to.

Mac

Donation made; best of luck Jeremy.
The sad thing is that you have to run events like this because succesive governments routinely turn their backs on those who serve. Happy to help those who volunteer to stand in harm's way so I don't have to.

Mac

Thank you Mac and I entirely agree with your comments. The operational tempo has steadily increased in recent years and therefore so have injuries. We are a small charity so please take comfort that your donation makes a real impact on the operators and their families.

Donated and gift aid ticked.

I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the SBS as my parents met at a "do" when Dad was training with the SBS. Mum fell for the dashing young Royal Marine in uniform and the rest is history.

Donated and gift aid ticked.

I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the SBS as my parents met at a "do" when Dad was training with the SBS. Mum fell for the dashing young Royal Marine in uniform and the rest is history.

Thank you Mucky Helmet :thumb2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your sponsorship and support. I raised c £12k for the SBSA and after what was a brutal, epic and inspiring triathlon, I can assure you that I earned every penny.

Best wishes

Jeremy
4f32e8891a2124a81fc9c2bf4069e70b.jpg

1f22878b19e0a6d62cd022b222ca5125.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom