Normal boots

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi lads and lassies. I am looking to buy myself a pair of boots to wear with kevlar jeans. Been doing my research and I've narrowed it down to a few pairs and I want to order soon but wonder if any of you have any experience of them? Obviously they will not offer as much protection as my Alpinestars mx boots that I wear when I'm fully booted and suited but they have to be better than normal shoes that I wear to work.

These two get good reviews for comfort and seem reasonably safe, The falcos don't look as nice but they do have a vibram sole and can be resoled in due course I think?

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...proof/SubProducts/TCX-X-Blend-Waterproof-0012

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...ger-Boots/SubProducts/Falco-Ranger-Boots-0003

Thanks for any suggestions outside of these two. There is such a wide range of stuff it's a bit overwhelming :rob

I’ve got a pair of these, they are great quality and very comfortable

The brown are very dark and they do scratch a bit but I’m very happy with them

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_IE/?ObjectID=201991903&ViewAction=ViewProduct

Thanks Leadfarmer. I did see those, they look nice but unfortunately they don't have my size. I've visited all the motorbike shops in Dublin and there is no stock of anything, hence me buying online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zwZHFNan74

Also, i've wide enough feet so buying on line is a bit of lottery. I'm discounting the helstons due to them being quite narrow

Interesting. They are a fine looking boot. Exactly what i'm looking for. You would recommend getting a size bigger? They look better than the other two i've linked to.

Think I’ll buy a pair. They look smart and a personal review is good. I’d love to be able afford a pair with a Goodyear welted sole but they are mega money. Thanks leadfarmer.

Boots arrived. Nice hoots. Bought a size bigger than usual but my toes are a bit bunched. Not sure if the will stretch. Hard to know. I hate buying stuff online without trying on

Boots are gortex lined, would wet newspaper penetrate the leather from the inside if I packed them tonight?

Boots are gortex lined, would wet newspaper penetrate the leather from the inside if I packed them tonight?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that simply doesn't work, and certainly not to the point where they'll stretch to un-bunch your toes, the sole will have to also stretch for that to happen and that's impossible. Can't you return them for a bigger size?

I tend to just wear hiking boots in the better weather

Probably not ideal but comfortable and ankles protected

Boots arrived. Nice hoots. Bought a size bigger than usual but my toes are a bit bunched. Not sure if the will stretch. Hard to know. I hate buying stuff online without trying on

If you got them from louis just send them back for exchange for the next size up, it’s free and the return paperwork is in your parcel normally, their customer service is excellent

If you got them from louis just send them back for exchange for the next size up, it’s free and the return paperwork is in your parcel normally, their customer service is excellent

Yeah but the foot starts sliding around if they are too big? Just too narrow at the toe area. Home from work now and wearing them a half hour and they are getting sore. Back to Louis in the morning.

Also a larger size will not help with width. It’s the little toe that’s bunched. I’ve plenty of room above that. Disappointing. Might a pair that I suggested at the top of the thread. Think I might need a squarer toed shoe- less pointy…
584738d42a09a7bf525d02db707e2219.jpg

Yeah but the foot starts sliding around if they are too big? Just too narrow at the toe area. Home from work now and wearing them a half hour and they are getting sore. Back to Louis in the morning.

Shame, at least you know you’ll be refunded quickly and all it’s cost you is a couple of days waiting

Back
Top Bottom