Freecom 4+ issues with iPhone XS

GS Bloke

Reaction score
Hi
A few problems with my Freecom.
When I power on my Freecom 4+ it connects to my Zumo XT almost immediately and stays connected, it takes longer to connect to my iPhone and then after a few seconds it’ll say it’s disconnected from my phone and then a few seconds later it tells me it’s connected again, anyone else have this or does it work ok with your iPhone?

Also, sometimes I have to power it off and back on again a few times before it works with voice commands, I did a factory reset yesterday so need to use it to see if that’s made any difference.

I’m wondering if the Packtalk is any better, if it is then I’ll get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
A few problems with my Freecom.
When I power on my Freecom 4+ it connects to my Zumo XT almost immediately and stays connected, it takes longer to connect to my iPhone and then after a few seconds it’ll say it’s disconnected from my phone and then a few seconds later it tells me it’s connected again, anyone else have this or does it work ok with your iPhone?

Also, sometimes I have to power it off and back on again a few times before it works with voice commands, I did a factory reset yesterday so need to use it to see if that’s made any difference.

I’m wondering if the Packtalk is any better, if it is then I’ll get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an iphone and F4+ The disconnect and then reconnect is perfectly normal behaviour and not an issue. Don't know why it does it though...

When using voice commands make sure you have these set to UK English- the default, which you will get when you reset the F4+, is American English and you'll find it doesn't respond to your voice (unless you're from the US of course...) You can change this by connecting to the Cardo app on your phone and selecting settings from there.

Cardo packtalk does these things also.
Vox is amusingly intermittent, its almost as if it will only work if it likes the music I am trying to listen to!
Setting it to UK ( or English English) helped ,maybe its my geordie accent causing the issue, I experience the same effect when doing missionary work amongst those soft southern jessies:D

I did get caught on the reset US Voice setting a while ago, never again...
I have never been able to connect the FC and it just worked, I always have to power it off and back on a few times before it starts to behave, last night I was out riding and I was trying to listen to music from my phone, my phone was playing it but I couldn't hear anything, 3 pwr cycles later and I could hear it...

Back
Top Bottom