Wayfarer Dried Chicken Curry

If you are carrying your food on your back then tins etc aren't an option. I go into the hills a lot (did an 8 day walk 3 weeks ago) and the dehydrated meals are light, easy to prepare with minimal gas usage and a high calorie input.
Summit to eat are probably the best tasting in general, Expedition Foods in orange packs have the highest salary count but are pretty stodgy.
https://basecampfood.com/collections/dried-meals

If I'm on the bike, I have more choices and only carry a couple of those meals for when everything is shut or shite.

I forage, enduro-hard core-bikermate style, usually in the local pub or supermarket.

I’ve managed to condense everything down into a small piece of plastic about the size of a credit card . It replaces my tent , sleeping bag , stove and food.
It’s bloody clever . Go into a retail outlet or places that accommodate travellers , produce said piece of plastic and it can be used to produce sustenance of high calorific value or even a camp bed disguised as a real bed with a shower a very short walk away . It’s bloody genius.

I forage, enduro-hard core-bikermate style, usually in the local pub or supermarket.

Try that if you’re camped in the middle of a Norwegian forest for a week getting away from everything. No pubs or supermarkets there is there! That little bit of plastic won’t keep you fed for long. :blast

I’ve managed to condense everything down into a small piece of plastic about the size of a credit card . It replaces my tent , sleeping bag , stove and food.
It’s bloody clever . Go into a retail outlet or places that accommodate travellers , produce said piece of plastic and it can be used to produce sustenance of high calorific value or even a camp bed disguised as a real bed with a shower a very short walk away . It’s bloody genius.
Not everybody want to go and stay in hotels though do they? I much prefer being as far away from everyone and everything as possible. We don’t all want / need to be the centre of attention everywhere we go.

Not everybody want to go and stay in hotels though do they? I much prefer being as far away from everyone and everything as possible. We don’t all want / need to be the centre of attention everywhere we go.

Says the man who starts two dozen threads to let us know he’s off to Iceland etc and needs a tent/new jacket/camping food/sense of humour etc.
Keeping milking it.

Says the man who starts two dozen threads to let us know he’s off to Iceland etc and needs a tent/new jacket/camping food/sense of humour etc.
Keeping milking it.

So I’m looking fo advice on what I need to sort / take for a trip I’ve never done before. What the fuck has it got to do with you? :nenau Absolutely fuck all so why don’t you do us all a favour and keep your stupid nasty comments to yourself. :thumb2
Two dozen? Some c#nt can’t count. I’m so glad you know everything and therefore don’t need to ask. Oh but hang on……….. this is coming from the same fucking clown that has to tell everyone what bikes he has at ever opportunity, and what modifications that’s been done to them, how many houses he has and where they are, what country he’s in today and how the weather is etc etc…….. yawn fucking yawn. Prick.
You’re so obsessed with yourself you make yourself look stupid but can’t see it. A true narcissist.
If you’ve got anything positive to add to any subject then by all means shout up. Otherwise do me / most of us a favour and shut the fuck up.
This thread was started by me on some dried camp food. Didn’t think it was too good. You know, a review. In you come with your usual bullshit. :blast

It’s a forum.
It’s what people do.
They post pics of their new bike-just check the WC GS section for many duplicate posts showing their new steed.
People modify their bikes and pass on details to help others avoid any pitfalls.People also go on trips and post up details of the routes for others to possibly use.
Some people appreciate such things.Other miserable little twats don’t.
My post above was tic, as a reply to Wapping’s.
You crack on with your needy bollox.Timolgra has already told you a few times that he can help you with much of what you need to know,yet you chose to ignore so you can publish the fact that you are off to Iceland/Scandinavia etc.Possibly just a tad narcissistic, don’t you think ?
Bit like telling us all about your mobile home etc……pot..kettle.
Something positive for you-best chair is a Helinox One, but start a thread just to be sure….

It’s a forum.
It’s what people do.
They post pics of their new bike-just check the WC GS section for many duplicate posts showing their new steed.
People modify their bikes and pass on details to help others avoid any pitfalls.People also go on trips and post up details of the routes for others to possibly use.
Some people appreciate such things.Other miserable little twats don’t.
My post above was tic, as a reply to Wapping’s.
You crack on with your needy bollox.Timolgra has already told you a few times that he can help you with much of what you need to know,yet you chose to ignore so you can publish the fact that you are off to Iceland/Scandinavia etc.Possibly just a tad narcissistic, don’t you think ?
Bit like telling us all about your mobile home etc……pot..kettle.
Something positive for you-best chair is a Helinox One, but start a thread just to be sure….

Already got a Helonox Beach chair. Thanks anyway. :blast
I really don’t understand your obsession with my posts? I’m not doing anything any different to anyone else on here but I don’t see you popping up on their posts with your vitriolic condescending bullshit. So why with mine? Do you need me to go make a list of names and posts to prove you’re being a c#nt?
If you haven’t noticed but Timolgra is a bit busy at the moment taking some lucky people on (what is for most ) a once in a lifetime trip. And just so you can be made to look a prick again, I have sent Tim several PM’s and he’s answered immediately without any problem. Shame you can’t be as helpful isn’t it. :blast We can’t all afford numerous exotic holidays several times a year and like I’ve said before I’m looking forward to it. What the fuck is wrong with that? It must be a shame that someone is that used to going to remote places that it becomes somewhat boring. I’m glad you obviously have ALL the knowledge on what’s needed for certain places. Some of us don’t. Asking on a motorbike adventure forum is the place to ask isn’t it? Shame that can’t be done without some pretentious wanker popping up time after time trying to make others look “ needy”.

As to your shit being tongue in cheek, that’s also bullshit. You just saw another opportunity to poke fun at someone. Me again. What a predictable twat you are. :blast Grow up Arseyhole as Nutty once said.
Wappings comments ( as I’ve also said before ) are welcome because unlike you, he does come up with some good information most of the time.

Would that be the same Nutty that got a supposed friend to drive hundreds of miles to strip his bike and help him out of a hole then not bother to replace stripped items for over 8 months despite numerous requests ?
Then have a hissy fit and leave the forum when BHT didn’t respond to his threat ?
You’re probably like peas in a pod .
Anyway good luck with your hunt for the perfect ready meal . It’s out there somewhere.

I thought I would add this to Udders list of off grid, featherweight tactical equipment.
I give you the ultimate brew kit for days wandering in the Norwegian forest or Icelandic tundra.
Weighing in at a weeny 1.43 kg excluding battery (very, very light Lithium jobbie) his bergen would hardly notice the extra grams once his marquee & bouncy castle have been strapped on.
Mug included ... as I know our weight weenie is the sort to snap his toothbrush in half.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/makita-d...rc=aw.ds#product_additional_details_container

I thought I would add this to Udders list of off grid, featherweight tactical equipment.
I give you the ultimate brew kit for days wandering in the Norwegian forest or Icelandic tundra.
Weighing in at a weeny 1.43 kg excluding battery (very, very light Lithium jobbie) his bergen would hardly notice the extra grams once his marquee & bouncy castle have been strapped on.
Mug included ... as I know our weight weenie is the sort to snap his toothbrush in half.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/makita-d...rc=aw.ds#product_additional_details_container

Very nice. Bit big though innit! :D

Try that if you’re camped in the middle of a Norwegian forest for a week getting away from everything. No pubs or supermarkets there is there! That little bit of plastic won’t keep you fed for long. :blast

The said Norwegian forest probably has got more calorific value meals growing within, than your dehydrated meal. It a shame that you can't see beyond glitzy packaging of a said dehydrated meal.
You should go to seek education from the likes of Ray Mears, before setting off into the Norwegian forest with weeks worth of walk to a nearest town. Might actually do you good and chill you out a bit. :nenau

The said Norwegian forest probably has got more calorific value meals growing within, than your dehydrated meal. It a shame that you can't see beyond glitzy packaging of a said dehydrated meal.
You should go to seek education from the likes of Ray Mears, before setting off into the Norwegian forest with weeks worth of walk to a nearest town. Might actually do you good and chill you out a bit. :nenau

I don’t need chilling out, I’m just fine thanks. :thumb2 I don’t eat squirrels or tree bark either. :blast I have plenty of dried pasta and other stuff to take but can’t find things like dehydrated foods to make my own meals up. That’s why I’m trying different pre prepared meals. Most of them are ok as a back up.

I don’t need chilling out, I’m just fine thanks. :thumb2 I don’t eat squirrels or tree bark either. :blast I have plenty of dried pasta and other stuff to take but can’t find things like dehydrated foods to make my own meals up. That’s why I’m trying different pre prepared meals. Most of them are ok as a back up.

This was in Scotland last September. If you know what to look for, the land has it all and it cost you nothing. I wasn't far from the shops at any given time, and would pick up a few bit and bobs here before pitching a tent. However, I enjoy foraging, and while I had an opportunity, I took it. Worth growing your knowledge of what is available around you should you be stuck some time.

Attachments

• 62178090570__D5984296-383D-47F1-956F-ECAAA5A89DD3.jpg
    62178090570__D5984296-383D-47F1-956F-ECAAA5A89DD3.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 122
  • F6BE8ED0-FFCF-4075-92E3-7BC91B318DB6.jpg
    F6BE8ED0-FFCF-4075-92E3-7BC91B318DB6.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 122
Part 2

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMGP1484.jpg
    IMGP1484.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 116

You were lucky to find more calories than there are in a dehydrated meal, those bread rolls and eggs were a good spot

Looks like you found mushrooms and berries, not quite a full days eating

WHY bother?? ok I can understand if yomping but touring on a bike, whats the point take proper food, that dehydrated stuff is for walkers away from somewhere for days, it not meant to replace real food. If you must just get some army 24hr ration packs

Me I ride to near where I am going stop and get food, it not difficult even in countries like Norway your never that far from somewhere to get food, oh an before you say I know fuck all, I lived there both my kids were born there and when I was there I was in the army and regularly yomping all over the gaff, it only got easier since I left not more difficult. There are precious few times touring on a bike you need that dehydrated crap.

Back
Top Bottom